||It has been suggested that this article be merged into Bharatpur, Nepal. (Discuss) Proposed since January 2012.|
|• Total||554.0 km2 (213.9 sq mi)|
|• Density||23/km2 (60/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Nepal Time (UTC+5:45)|
Narayangarh (Narayangadh (Nepali: नारायणगढ) or Narayanghat (Nepali: नारायणघाट)) is a part of the city of Bharatpur in Chitwan District in the central part of Nepal, 146 km due west of Kathmandu, at the Narayani River where it leaves the Mahabharat Range. The Narayani takes up the Kali Gandaki, Trishuli, Budhi Gandaki and Trisuli rivers, thus draining the area (Narayani Basin) between Dhaulagiri (west of Pokhara) and Helambu (north of Kathmandu).
Narayangadh is an important trading centre of the central Nepal. There is a domestic airport (Bharatpur Airport) with connections to Kathmandu and Pokhara, and is the gateway to the nearby Chitwan National Park. It is also a major road link for the eastern and western parts of the country to the capital city of Kathmandu (the highway to Lhasa is blocked by landslides, the Naubise - Hetauda highway is in poor condition and time consuming and a latest road from Dhulikhel to Kamalamai (Sindhulimadi) is under construction). The major neighborhoods of Narayangadh are Shahid Chowk, Pulchowk, Kshetrapur, Belchowk and Milanchowk. Narayangadh is very famous for "Taas", a spicy fried goat-meat lunch dish served with Bhuja or Cheura. Narayangadh has extremely hot summers but very mild winters.
Transportation and communication
Bharatpur Airport in the central part of the city offered four domestic airlines and one government airline with seven to 11 flights daily to Kathmandu. Mahendra East West Highway connects the city to various parts of the country, and another highway connects Bharatpur with Kathmandu to the north east and with Birgunj on the border of India to the south. Bus, micro bus and other land transportation are available to go out of the city, for internal transportation taxi, rickshaw and car/jeep hiring is available. Hakim Chowk, Shaheed Chok, Pul Chowk, Bel Chowk, Malpot Chowk , Bishal Chowk and are major centres at intersections of major roads. Four major local FM radio stations broadcast from Bharatpur. They are "Amrit FM", "Synergy FM", "Hamro FM", "Radio Triveni", "Radio Chitwan","Chitwan Online FM" "Kalika music FM", "Kalika FM". The city also has Beso Channel, "Aviyan Channel", Unique Television and Avass Television.
Chitwan Higher Secondary School , is the first school of Chitwan District. It was established in 2011 BS. It is situated in Bharatpur Municipality, Ward No. 10. Not only it having classes of Higher Secondary but it also has the Bachelor's degree in various subjects. Chitwan Higher Secondary School operates graduate courses as Pragya Chitwan Campus. It is the richest government school in Chitwan District.
- Aroma Higher Secondary School: Established in 2054 BS. Currently this School holds around 600 Students in secondary level and around 1200 Students in Higher Secondary Level. It is contributing this society with quality education. This Schools runs Science and Management Program in XI and XII level.......It is one of the fast-growing institutions in chitwan..
- Birendra Multiple Campus is the oldest campus of the city, located in the heart of the city, Bharatpur heights. This campus has played a vital role on the higher education history of Chitwan.
- Balkumari College is located near the Narayangadh Bharatpur Height and is the first public college in the city. Balkumari College, established on 18 September 1986 ( 2nd Aswin 2043), is affiliated to Tribhuvan University and the college has been awarded with Quality Assurance & Accreditation ( QAA) certification by Quality Assurance & Accreditation Committee of University Grants Commission Nepal on 22 November 2009 ( 7th Mansir 2066). It has already been recognized as an ISO 9001 certified institution for quality management system ( QMS) in July 2008.
- Saptagandaki Multiple Campus is the largest public campus in the city and is in Dipendranagar ward no. 10, Bharatpur. The Chairperson of Board of Director is Ms Shobha Kattel. The Campus Chief is Mr Ram Prakash Adhikari and Assistant Campus Chiefs are Mr Maniraj Mahato, Mr Nandalal Paudel and Mr Binod Khanda Timilsena. The number of teachers are about 85 and supporting staffs are about 25. The students enrollment in the college is about 3500.
- Bharatpur college of Medical sciences is a 700 bed teaching hospital situated in Dipendranagar, Bharatpur.
- Apex Educational Academy is a Higher Secondary School located in Bharapur.
- Chitwan Health Foundation and Research Center was established in Bharatpur as the nursing School of Chitwan Hospital and Health Foundation, and is one of the pioneer educational institutions of this region catering the health related education and hospital services to the community of Chitwan region and the mid-zone territory. It was established in affiliation with CTEVTE. The college is currently running PCL Medical Laboratory Technology and PCL Nursing. Mr. J.N. Thapaliya is the chairman, Mr. sambhu Prasad Subedi Director of CHHFRC and Mr. Deepak Subedi is the Programme Co-ordinator of PCL Medical Laboratory Technology.
- Bharatpur Pilot training school is Nepal’s first and the only private pilot training school is in Bharatpur, which provides a Private Pilot License and a Commercial Pilot License, after the completion of the 4 month and 10 month courses respectively.
- Maiya Devi Girls College is a campus specially for girls education is in Dipendranagar, Bharatpur.
- Prerana Higher Secondary School is providing education up to secondary level, and launched 10+2 program in science stream from 2065 onward.
- Chitwan Science College and Orchid Science College are private +2 colleges in Chitwan.
- indreni ICT college: IT is college of computer science and information technology, affiliated by Tribhuvan University, located at muktinagar, bharatpur
- Oxford college of engineering and management, Gaindakot, offers courses like BBA, BCA, BE
Land line telephone services and mobile telephone services are available to the majority of areas. There are multiple private Internet service providers.
There are many universities, hospitals and recreational facilities in Narayangadh.
Bharatpur has become a city of banks. There are more than 60 banks and financial institutions in Narayangarh.
- Nepal Bank Limited
- Rastriya Banijya Bank Limited
- Agriculture Development Bank Limited
- Nabil Bank Limited
- Nepal Investment Bank Limited
- Standard Chartered Bank Nepal Limited
- Himalayan Bank Limited
- Nepal SBI Bank Limited
- Nepal Bangladesh Bank Limited
- Everest Bank Limited
- Bank of Kathmandu Limited
- Nepal Credit and Commerce Bank Limited
- Lumbini Bank Limited
- Machhapuchhre Bank Limited
- Kumari Bank Limited
- Laxmi Bank Limited
- Siddhartha Bank Limited
- Global IME Bank Limited
- Citizens Bank International Limited
- Prime Commercial Bank Ltd
- Sunrise Bank Limited
- NIC Asia Nepal Limited
- Grand Bank Nepal Limited
- NMB Bank Limited
- Kist Bank Limited
- Janata Bank Nepal Limited
- Mega Bank Nepal Limited
- Commerz & Trust Bank Nepal Limited
- Civil Bank Limited
- Century Commercial Bank Limited
- Sanima Bank Limited
Class B Development Banks
- Nepal Industrial Development Corporation
- Uddyam Development Bank Limited
- Malika Development Bank Limited
- Siddhartha Development Bank Limited
- United Development Bank Limited
- Manakamana Development Bank Limited
- Narayani Development Bank Limited
- Pashimanchal Development Bank Limited
- Pashupati Development Bank Limited
- Triveni Development Bank Limited
- Annapurna Development Bank Limited
- Shubhechchha Bikas Bank Limited
- Gaurishankar Development Bank Limited
- Gorkha Bikas Bank Limited
- Gandaki Bikas Bank Limited
- Western Development Bank Limited
- H. & B. Development Bank Limited**
- Arniko Development Bank Limited
- Clean Energy Development Bank Limited
- Miteri Development Bank Limited
- Tinau Bikas Bank Limited
- Rising Development Bank Limited
- Sewa Bikas Bank Limited
- Kankai Bikas Bank Limited
- Ace Development Bank Limited
- Sangrila Bikas Bank Limited
- Country Development Bank Limited
- Kasthamandap Development Bank Limited
- Alpine Development Bank Limited
- Kamana Bikas Bank Limited
- Biswo Bikas Bank Limited
- Jyoti Development Bank Limited
- Matribhumi Bikas Bank Limited
- Metro Development Bank Limited
- Tourism Development Bank Limited
- Mount Makalu Development Bank Limited
- Nepal Community Development Bank Limited
- Manasalu Development Bank Limited