Naresh Kumar Shad
|Naresh Kumar Shad
نریش کمار شاد
27 November 1927.
Yahiyapur, District Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh, India.
|Died||Delhi, India, in 1969.|
|Occupation||Journalism, Government service|
|Known for||Nazms, Ghazals , Journalist, Qat'aa|
Naresh Kumar Shad was born in Yahiyapur on 27 November 1927. He had also lived in Kanpur where he had for sometime worked as a co-editor of Chandan along with Sahir Hoshiarpuri. He was fluent in the use of Urdu and Persian. Like Majaz, Saadat Hasan Manto and Salaam Machhalishahari he too was addicted to excessive alcohol intake because of which weakness he could not hold on to any job for long, did not live long and died of liver- cirrohsis. His father, Noharia Ram Dard, who was also a Urdu poet of note, was also an alcoholic who is believed to have committed suicide.
Naresh Kumar Shad was a disciple of Labhu Ram Josh Malsiyani (1883-1976) who was a disciple of Nawab Mirza Daagh Dehalvi. He wrote ghazals which had become very popular even when he was alive  but his forte was Qat'aa and Rubai. His two collections of poetry, Qashen and Kalaam e Muntakhab were published during his lifetime. After his demise Naresh Kumar Shad Memorial Committee in the year 1970 published Shad Namah that contained his poems and articles appraising his literary output. Later on, Shad ki Shayari  Shad aur Akhtar ki shayari  and Adabi latife  came to light.
- Kalaam e Muntakhab
- Shad Namah
- Shad ki Shayari
- Shad aur Akhtar ki shayari
- Urdu Authors: Date list as on 31-05-2006 – S.No. 1853 – Shad, Naresh Kumar> maintained by National Council for Promotion of Urdu, Govt. of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development http://www.urducouncil.nic.in/urdu_wrld/u_auth/index_all.htm
- Google Books http://www.google.co.in Book titled – “Josh Malsiyani” written by Bhupinder Aziz Parihar, published in 2004 by Sahitya Akademi ISBN 8126019336 Postscript by Dard Nakodari on page 57
- " Master couplets of Urdu " Poetry by K.C.Kanda 2002 Ed. p.269 books.google.com
- Indian literature Vol.14 published by Sahitya Akademi p.64 books.google.com
- Published by Star Publications http://books.google.com/books?id=pSX4GgAACAAJ
- Published by Diamond Books ISBN 81-288-0646-7
- Published by Hind Pocket Books