|Established||July 29, 1990|
|President||Prof. Sujin Jinahyon, Ph.D.|
Naresuan University (Thai: มหาวิทยาลัยนเรศวร) is a government sponsored university in Phitsanulok, northern Thailand. It was established as a separate university on July 29, 1990, which was the 400th anniversary of the start of the reign of Phitsanulok-born King Naresuan the Great. A courtyard with a statue of King Naresuan is located on the grounds and the students regularly pay their respects before it. The university has about 20,000 full-time students.
On January 18, 1964, the Royal Thai Ministry of Education resolved to create a branch of the College of Education (in Bangkok) for teacher training in each region of the country. On January 25, 1967, the Phitsanulok campus was established as the fourth branch of the College of Education and was meant to serve mainly the northern provinces.
In 1974 the College of Education was upgraded to university status and was named Srinakharinwirot University. Originally, only the third and fourth years of university study were offered at Phitsanulok, and students were admitted by competitive examination after completing the curriculum at one of the nation's associate degree level teacher training colleges. In 1976, the first and second years were added. Other majors besides education were gradually included, and in 1990 the Phitsanulok campus became independent of Srinakarinwirot University. It was designated as Naresuan University during the celebrations of the 400th anniversary of King Naresuan the Great's ascending to the throne.
Naresuan University had a second campus in Phayao, which opened in 1999 and upgraded to university level and named "University of Phayao" in 2010, and also offers extension courses across the country by 9 education centers, including Bangkok.
In September 2006, Naresuan University was ranked as "Very Good" in a study conducted on Thai universities by the Commission on Higher Education.
The university has 16 faculties, organized into three thematic clusters
- The Health Sciences Cluster
- The Social Sciences Cluster
- The Science & Technology Cluster
- School of Renewable Energy Technology (SERT)
- Naresuan University International College (NUIC)
- Graduate School
- Naresuan Institute for Community Empowerment (NICE)
- Institute of Research and Development Administration (IRDA)
Naresuan University Art and Culture Gallery
The Naresuan University Art and Culture Gallery holds over 100 artistic works by culturally significant Thai artists.
- "Allied Health Servies". Ahs.nu.ac.th. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- "Faculty of Dentistry". Dent.nu.ac.th. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- "Faculty of Medical Science". Medsci.nu.ac.th. Retrieved 2015-02-23.
- ":: Faculty of Medicine :: Nareasuan University ::". Med.nu.ac.th. 2014-08-31. Retrieved 2015-02-23.
-  Archived July 8, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- ":- คณะพยาบาลศาสตร์ มหาวิทยาลัยนเรศวร -:". Nurse.nu.ac.th. Retrieved 2015-02-23.
- "| Pharmaceutical Sciences |". Pha.nu.ac.th. Retrieved 2015-02-23.
- [dead link]
- "คณะศึกษาศาสตร์". Edu.nu.ac.th. Retrieved 2015-02-23.
- "ŕ¸„ŕ¸"ŕ¸°ŕ¸Ąŕ¸™ŕ¸¸ŕ¸Šŕ¸˘ŕ¸¨ŕ¸˛ŕ¸Şŕ¸•ŕ¸ŁŕšŒ ŕ¸Ąŕ¸Ťŕ¸˛ŕ¸§ŕ¸´ŕ¸—ŕ¸˘ŕ¸˛ŕ¸Ľŕ¸ąŕ¸˘ŕ¸™ŕš€ŕ¸Łŕ¸¨ŕ¸§ŕ¸Ł :: Faculty of Humanities Naresuan University". Human.nu.ac.th. 2014-12-22. Retrieved 2015-02-23.
- "F a c u l t y of L a w : คณะนิติศาสตร์ มหาวิทยาลัยนเรศวร". Law.nu.ac.th. Retrieved 2015-02-23.
-  Archived June 14, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Faculty of Social Sciences". Social.nu.ac.th. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- "Faculty of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environment". Agi.nu.ac.th. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- "¤łĐĘśŇťŃľÂĄĂĂÁČŇĘľĂě". Arch.nu.ac.th. Retrieved 2015-02-23.
- "Faculty of Engineering". Eng.nu.ac.th. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- "Faculty of Science". Sci.nu.ac.th. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- "School Of Renewable Energy Technology". Sert.nu.ac.th. Retrieved 2015-02-23.
- "NUIC". Nuic.nu.ac.th. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- "The Graduate School". Grad.nu.ac.th. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
-  Archived February 4, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
-  Archived February 23, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Naresuan University.|