Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
'Shiksheyma Shrestha'Gujarati: શિક્ષણમાં શ્રેષ્ઠતા
Motto in English
|Excellence in Education|
|Type||Higher Secondary School Certificate (+2), Under Graduation and Post Graduation|
|President||Shri Amrish Patel|
|Location||Vile Parle, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Colours||Blue and White|
|Affiliations||Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education|
Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics (popularly known as NM College) is a tertiary education college for commercial studies and economics affiliated to the University of Mumbai. It was awarded a re-accreditation 'A' by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council peer team. It is situated in JVPD Scheme, Juhu, Vile Parle West and was established in 1964 by Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal (SVKM), a charitable trust that runs a number of academic institutions.
The institute offers its students to pursue a degree in various commercial disciplines:
- Regular H.S.C
- Vocational H.S.C
- Regular B.Com
- B.Com (Accounting & Finance)
- B.Com (Financial Markets)
- Bachelor of Management Studies [B.M.S]
- B.Sc (Information Technology)
- Master of Commerce [M.Com]
The college follows the curriculum laid down by the University of Mumbai. The institute focuses on the overall development of the students. The college regularly organises industrial visits (IV) to help the students to get a practical insight into the functioning of an organisation.
I.J. Patel library covers a total area of 7400 sq. ft. divided in two floors. The college has a library with a capacity of more than 300 students. The library is equipped with Wi-Fi connectivity, UGC Network Resource Center and OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue). The library has an institutional membership of the British Council Library. The college keeps the library open from 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.
The college has around 20 societies and clubs where students join in according to their passion and interests.
Umang, Drishti and Insight are the three festivals held annually by the college. Umang is NM College's cultural festival whereas Drishti is NM's management festival, Insight is the NM's business, finance and economics festival. Students work enthusiastically to make the festivals a success. The main attractions of Umang are dance, music, drama, fashion show, etc. On the other hand Drishti organises pro-nites, flagships and various other management related events. Finally, Insight is an intellectual event where the students organise business summits, conclaves, panel discussions, etc. RCNM affiliated to the Rotary International also organises 'Rotofest' annually.
- Nita Ambani, industrialist
- Dhaval Bathia, author
- Harman Baweja, actor
- Vikas Bhalla, actor
- Priyanka Chaturvedi, spokesperson, Indian National Congress
- Juhi Chawla, actress
- Makarand Deshpande, film director
- Paresh Ganatra, comedian/actor
- Anupama Gokhale, sportsperson
- Ashutosh Gowariker, actor
- Dilip Joshi, comedian/actor
- Sharman Joshi, actor
- Aamir Khan, actor
- Kunal Khemu, actor
- Amaal Mallik, musician
- Yasin Merchant, sportsperson
- Firoz Sajid Nadiadwala, film director
- Arundathi Nag, theatre artist
- Murcyleen Peerzada, islamic speaker
- Paresh Rawal, actor/politician, Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha
- Vipul Amrutlal Shah, film director
- Anita Sood, sportsperson
- Deepak Tijori, director/actor
- Divyank Turakhia, industrialist
- shiksha.com. 31 January 2017 http://www.shiksha.com/college/narsee-monjee-college-of-commerce-and-economics-vile-parle-west-mumbai-48821. Retrieved 12 March 2017. Missing or empty
- "Nita Ambani [Biography]". matpal.com. 16 April 2012. Retrieved 3 March 2017.
- Kulkarni, Ronjita (7 November 2002). "Character artiste Deepak Tijori turns filmmaker". Rediff.com. Retrieved 21 November 2014.