Narsipatnam Road railway station
|• Total||42.00 km2 (16.22 sq mi)|
|Elevation||58 m (190 ft)|
|• Density||800/km2 (2,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Narsipatnam is a census town in Visakhapatnam district in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The samadhi or the resting place of the revolutionary Indian freedom fighter Alluri Sitarama Raju is located in Krishna Devi Peta village of Narsipatnam.
Narsipatnam is located at  It has an average elevation of 58 metres (190 feet)..
As of 2011[update] Census of India, the town had a population of 33,757. The total population constitutes, 16,076 males and 17,681 females—a sex ratio of 1100 females per 1000 males, higher than the national average of 940 per 1000. 3,262 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 1,684 are boys and 1,578 are girls—a ratio of 937 per 1000. The average literacy rate stands at 78.83% with 24,040 literates, significantly higher than the national average of 73.00%.
Narsipatnam is an assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh. There are 1,95,804 registered voters in Narsipatnam constituency in 2009 elections.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "Mandal wise list of villages in Visakhapatnam district" (PDF). Chief Commissioner of Land Administration. National Informatics Centre. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 March 2015. Retrieved 6 March 2016.
- "Narsipatnam". fallingrain.com.
- "Sex Ratio". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "Chapter–3 (Literates and Literacy rate)" (PDF). Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "Vijayawada Division - A Profile" (PDF). South Central Railway. Retrieved 19 January 2016.
- "School Eduvation Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 December 2015. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.