Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie
|Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie|
|Directed by||Hayato Date|
|Written by||Yuka Miyata|
|Story by||Masashi Kishimoto|
|Music by||Yasuharu Takanashi|
¥1.48 billion(US$17.9 million)
Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie is a 2012 Japanese animated film based on Masashi Kishimoto's manga and anime series. It was released in Japan on July 28, 2012. The band Asian Kung-Fu Generation performed the theme song "Sore de wa, Mata Ashita" (それでは、また明日?, lit. "Well Then, See You Tomorrow"). Both the single CD and the film's soundtrack were released on July 25, 2012. The first 1.5 million film was given for the Motion Comic: Naruto DVD.
The leaf ninjas drive off a group of fake Akatsuki members, impressing their families. After Naruto discovers Sakura arguing with her parents, Tobi uses Limited Tsukuyomi (限定月読? Gentei Tsukuyomi) to transport them into an alternate timeline. The two discover their friends acting different opposites and Sasuke being around at the village. While Sakura learns that she is orphaned with her father as the Fourth Hokage, Naruto mistakenly reunites with his parents. After they obtain the Red Moon Scroll, the masked ninja abducts the repentant Sakura, forcing Naruto to choose between using her or the scroll. After revealing his possessed counterpart as Menma (メンマ?), Naruto purges Tobi from him to cancel the genjutsu and revert the timeline. Sakura apologizes to her parents and Naruto does to Iruka for his previous actions. This reminds Naruto that even though he is an orphan, he still has a family.
The film debuted in the Japanese box office third earning US$3,799,276. On August 14, 2012, Yahoo announced grossed sales of over ¥1 billion (US$12.7 million) and the rate was expected to be the highest-grossing film surpassing Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow (1.37 billion yen/US$17.4 million). Kishimoto drew Naruto and Menma to commemorate the film's achievement. Road to Ninja was the highest grossing Naruto film making ¥ 1.46 billion (US$18.3 million) between its opening on July 28 and September 23, before it was surpassed by The Last: Naruto the Movie. In 2012, the film made ¥ 1.48 billion and ranked 29th among the Japanese box office films, including live action ones. In the Philippines, the film earned a total grossed amount of $123,613.00 (PhP 5,068,627) on its 2-week run.
The film was released on DVD and Blu-ray on November 25, 2014.
- "Naruto: Road to Ninja Film's Story, Designs Penned by Kishimoto". Anime News Network. March 21, 2012. Retrieved March 21, 2012.
- Next Naruto Shippūden Film Set for Summer 2012
- "ROAD TO NINJA – NARUTO THE MOVIE". ElevenArts. Retrieved September 23, 2014.
- "Asian Kung-Fu Generation to Perform New Naruto Film's Theme". Anime News Network. June 20, 2012. Retrieved June 26, 2012.
- "Sore de wa, Mata Ashita". Sony Music Japan. Retrieved 2012-07-23.
- "CD". Aniplex. Retrieved July 30, 2012.
- "Road to Ninja Is Highest Grossing Naruto Film". Anime News Network. Retrieved October 23, 2012.
- "Japanese Box Office, July 28–29". Anime News Network. Retrieved August 21, 2012.
- "劇場版『NARUTO』公開17日目で10億円突破 シリーズ最高記録へ好発進" (in Japanese). Yahoo. August 14, 2012. Retrieved August 14, 2012.
- ""The Last -Naruto The Movie-" Becomes the Top-Grossing Film in the Franchise". Crunchyroll. January 11, 2015. Retrieved January 11, 2015.
- "MOVIES WITH BOX OFFICE GROSS RECEIPTS EXCEEDING 1 BILLION YEN". Motion Picture Producers Association of Japan, Inc.
- "Road to Ninja: NARUTO the movie earns $91,000 on its 1st week, Bluray and DVD on sale now".