Narwee railway station
|Location||Hannans Road, Narwee|
|Coordinates||33°56′51″S 151°04′12″E / 33.947383°S 151.069946°ECoordinates: 33°56′51″S 151°04′12″E / 33.947383°S 151.069946°E|
|Owned by||Transport Asset Holding Entity|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||15.78 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Website||Transport for NSW|
|Opened||21 December 1931|
|2013||1,320 (daily) (Sydney Trains, NSW TrainLink)|
Narwee railway station is located on the East Hills line, serving the Sydney suburb of Narwee. It is served by Sydney Trains T8 Airport & South line services.
Narwee station opened on 21 December 1931 when the line was extended from Kingsgrove to East Hills. The line was through the station was duplicated in 1948.
In 2013, as part of the quadruplication of the line from Kingsgrove to Revesby, through lines were added on either side of the existing pair.
In September 2011, the bus stops and car park around the station were upgraded. In November 2014, scoping began for a further upgrade. The upgrade, which includes a new wheelchair-accessible lift and a new family-accessible toilet, was completed in December 2017.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Central & the City Circle via the Airport|||
|2||services to Revesby
early morning & late night services to Macarthur
Punchbowl Bus Company operates three routes via Narwee station:
- 940: Hurstville station to Bankstown station
- 941: Hurstville station to Bankstown station
- 944: Mortdale station to Bankstown station
Narwee station is served by one NightRide route:
- ^ Bureau of Transport Statistics. "Train Statistics 2014" (PDF). Transport NSW. Retrieved 13 July 2018.
- ^ Narwee Station NSWrail.net
- ^ Narwee Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- ^ Kingsgrove to Revesby Quadruplication Project Profile Transport Infrastructure Development Corporation
- ^ Narwee - Transport Interchange Upgrade Transport for NSW September 2011
- ^ "Narwee Station set for major upgrade". Transport for NSW. 17 November 2014. Archived from the original on 16 June 2016. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- ^ Saulwick, Jacob (29 December 2017). "Sydney's rail station upgrade program passes halfway mark". The Sydney Morning Herald. Sydney. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- ^ a b "T8: Airport & South line timetable". Transport for NSW.
- ^ "Punchbowl Bus Co route 940". Transport for NSW.
- ^ "Punchbowl Bus Co route 941". Transport for NSW.
- ^ "Punchbowl Bus Co route 944". Transport for NSW.
- ^ "N20 Nightride". Transport for NSW.
- Media related to Narwee railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Narwee station details Transport for New South Wales