From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Nasal, Nasals, nasal, nasals, or naso- in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Nasal /ˈneɪzəl/ (noun) is the medieval term for the nose guard of a helmet. Cf. Nasal helm.
Nasal (adjective) refers to the Nose, part of human or animal anatomy. It may be also be shorthand for the following uses in combination:
- With reference to the human nose:
- Nasal administration, a method of pharmaceutical drug delivery
- Nasal emission, the abnormal passing of oral air through a palatal cleft, or from some other type of velopharyngeal inadequacy
- Nasal hair, the hair in the nose. Its main function is to keep foreign or unwanted particles from entering the lungs through the nasal cavity. Adult humans have hairs in the anterior nasal passage.
- Nasal sound (disambiguation)
- With reference to the nose of humans or other animals:
- Nasal bone, two small oblong bones placed side by side at the middle and upper part of the face, and form, by their junction, "the bridge" of the nose
- Nasal cavity, a large air filled space above and behind the nose in the middle of the face
- Nasal concha, a long, narrow and curled bone shelf which protrudes into the breathing passage of the nose
- Nasal scale of reptiles
- Nacelle, a cover housing (separate from the fuselage) that holds engines, fuel, or equipment on an aircraft
- Naso (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Nasal.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.