Nasir Khan (actor)
This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
January 11, 1924
May 3, 1974 (aged 50)|
New Delhi, India
Suraya Nazir (divorced)|
|Relatives||4, including Ayub Khan|
Nasir Khan (January 11, 1924 – May 3, 1974) was an Indian film actor. He was the younger brother of actor Dilip Kumar. Nasir Khan made his acting debut in 1945 in Mazdoor. After a few films, he shifted to Lahore after partition and starred in the first ever Pakistani film Teri Yaad in 1948. He acted in another Pakistani film Shahida in 1949. Both films failed to do well and Nasir returned to India in 1951. He resumed his acting career in Bombay, acting in several films throughout the 1950s.
Khan was born to Ayesha Begum & Lala Ghulam Sarwar Ali Khan in a Hindko-speaking Awan family of 12 children in Bombay. His father was a landlord and fruit merchant who owned orchards in Peshawar and Deolali. Khan was first married to Suraya Nazir, daughter of legendary filmmaker Nazir Ahmed Khan. From this marriage, he had a daughter Naheed Khan. Later he was married to actress Begum Para and their son is actor Ayub Khan. He died on 3 May 1974 at the age of 50. Before his death he had returned to films after a decade playing small parts in Yaadon Ki Baraat (1973) and his final film Bairaag (1976) which was released after his death.
- "A short guide to notable pakistani films". www.bollywhat.com. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- "GUNGA JUMNA". www.uiowa.edu. Archived from the original on 29 November 2011. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- "Nasir Khan – Interview (1952)". Cineplot. Cineplot.com. Retrieved 7 March 2018.
- "A Legend By Any Definition". Outlook India. Outlook India. Retrieved 7 March 2018.
- "Begum Para". www.outlookindia.com. Outlookindia.com. Retrieved 29 June 2014.