||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||1961 (age 55–56)|
|Education||German International School of Cairo, Egypt|
|Alma mater||University of Chicago|
|Occupation||CEO, Orascom Construction Industries|
|Net worth||$5.3 billion (September 2016)|
|Relatives||Naguib Sawiris and Samih Sawiris (brothers)|
Nassef Onsi Sawiris (born in 1961) is an Egyptian billionaire businessman, the youngest of Onsi Sawiris' three sons (his brothers are Naguib and Samih). As of September 2016, his net worth was estimated to be $5.3 billion, and the sixth richest African in 2017, according to Forbes.
Nassef Sawiris received his secondary education in the German International School of Cairo, Egypt. Then he continued at University of Chicago where he received a bachelor's degree in Economics in 1982.
He oversaw the construction activities of Orascom since 1990 and is the CEO of Orascom Construction Industries since the company's incorporation in 1998. He was also a board member of NASDAQ Dubai from July 2008 - June 2010 where his is still a board member, and currently sits on the boards of Besix (Belgium) and NNS Holding (Luxembourg), and is a director at LafargeHolcim. He was on the board of directors of the Cairo & Alexandria Stock Exchanges from 2004 to 2007, and in July 2008 was appointed as a board director at the Dubai International Financial Exchange (DIFX).
- "Nassef Sawiris". Forbes. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- Vinton, Kate. "African Billionaire Fortunes Decline On New FORBES List Of The Continent's Richest". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-01-10.
- "Orascom Construction Industries S.A.E. | OCI". Orascomci.com. Retrieved 2016-12-15.
- Nassef Sawiris page on Lafarge official website Archived 23 November 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- "DIFX appoints Nassef Sawiris as Director". Nasdaqdubai.com. 2008-07-13. Retrieved 2016-12-15.