Nasser Al-Rashid (born 1939) is a Saudi Arabian businessman. He is reputedly an influential advisor to the Saudi royal family and a billionaire. However he is not included in the Forbes list of the world's richest people as his personal wealth, like that of many Saudi insiders, cannot be assessed with much accuracy from publicly available information.
He is an alumnus and donor of the University of Texas, which has the Dr. Nasser Al-Rashid Strength and Training Center named in his honour. He is also a large donor to the University of Miami (FL) and its medical school. He owns one of the largest yachts in the world, the Lady Moura, which reportedly cost him over US$200 mm to build in the late 1980s.
His previous wife, Mouna Ayoub, a Lebanese woman, is considered to be a French socialite. He is currently married to his wife Safia El Malqui, they have been together since early 1998. Not much is known publicly of Al-Rashid, who prior to taking delivery of his yacht, maintained a relatively low profile among the wealthy Saudi elite.
- On Saturday 19 May 2007, one of his yachts, Lady Moura, nearly ran aground by the Cannes coastline during the film festival, where it suffered hull damage and took on water. It was moored in Monaco. On 2 February 2010 Lady Moura was moored in Palma, Majorca, however it has since returned to Monaco.
- On Wednesday 23 July 2014, Lady Moura was seen docked in Porto Cervo, Sardinia.
- On Saturday 13 June, Lady Moura was moored in Monaco.
- On Saturday 18 July 2015, Lady Moura was moored in Porto Cervo, Sardinia.
- On Monday September 28th, Lady Moura was moored in Monte Carlo, Monaco.
July 7, 2007 Nasser Al-Rashid boards the Lady Moura and departs for Italy.
October 16, 2010 Lady Moura berthed at Monaco
Private Jets G550 VP-BNR and VP-CNR, "NR" due to his initials http://flightaware.com/photos/view/31899-69afc701fe83ab7a55a87784919d2d3e0bd89302/aircrafttype/GLF5
the lady moura lays now in porto cervo in Italy. On 19/9/14 it was seen docked in Barcelona.
|This Asian business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Saudi Arabia biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|