|Full name||Naser Mohammadkhani|
|Date of birth||7 September 1957|
|Place of birth||Tehran, Iran|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Awards and honours
- Top Goal Scorer 1984 AFC Asian Cup
- Fourth Place 1984 AFC Asian Cup with Iran national football team
- Gold Medalist 1990 Asian Games with Iran national football team
- Winner of Tehran Football League with Persepolis F.C. on numerous seasons.
- Winner of Asian Cup Winners' Cup 1990 with Persepolis F.C.
Mohammadkhani was involved in a public court case in Iran, after his wife Laleh Saharkhizan was found murdered in her apartment on 9 October 2002. Shahla Jahed, his mistress in a temporary marriage arrangement was convicted of the murder of Laleh. Mohammadkhani was in Germany when the killing happened, but it emerged later that he was "temporarily married" to Jahed, a practice allowed under Shia Islam and thus under Iranian law. Jahed was executed in 2010, following the completion of the appeals procedure. In 2008, the then chief of Iran's judiciary, Ayatollah Hashemi Shahroudi, ordered a fresh investigation and did not sanction her execution ruling that her initial conviction (based as it was on a confession she made under duress) was unacceptable.
- "ده گلزن برتر تاریخ پرسپولیس". Tabnak. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- Profile: Nasser MOHAMMADKHANI
- Naser Mohammadkhani at National-Football-Teams.com
- Dehghan, Saeed Kamali (1 December 2010). "Iran executes woman accused of murdering lover's wife". The Guardian. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
|This biographical article related to Iranian football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|