Nat Geo Music
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Nat Geo Music|
|Launched||14 October 2007|
|Owned by||National Geographic Partners|
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)|
|MEO Satélite (Portugal)||Channel 210|
|DEN Galaxy (India)||Channel 475|
|Dish TV (India)||Channel 599 (HD)|
|Independent TV (India)||Channel 580 (SD)|
|Nowo (Portugal)||Channel 71|
|Parasat Cable TV (Philippines)||Channel 371|
|TBC (Taiwan)||Channel 247|
|kbro (Taiwan)||Channel 105|
|bbTV (Taiwan)||Channel 418|
|Teledünya (Turkey)||Channel 330|
|Den Galaxy (India)||Channel 405|
|Asianet Digital (India)||Channel 548|
Nat Geo Music is a television music channel operated as a part of National Geographic Global Networks, which is a business unit of National Geographic Partners (a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company and the National Geographic Society). The channel works in conjunction with the Society's music division National Geographic Music and Radio (NGMR).
Launch and availability
C21 reported in July 2007 that National Geographic Channels International (NGCI; now National Geographic Global Networks) would launch a Nat Geo Music channel in October in Italy before a staged roll out across Europe.
In mid-August 2007, NGCI confirmed the channel and its Italy launch date of 15 October 2007 on Sky. NGCI has arranged for music from the following labels: EMI Arabia , Sony/BMG Asia, Warner Music Latin America and Universal Italy, for the channel. The channel was launched in Latin America in the fourth quarter 2008. The Saturday before March 3, 2009, the channel and Nat Geo Wild was launched in Portugal on the Cabovisão and Meo platforms.
Nat Geo Music was slated to be launched in 2008 with three other Nat Geo channels in India. Fox International Channels launched in 2010 the new Nat Geo channels again along with three other Fox channels On 1 February 2010, Nat Geo Music and two channels from Fox debuted on Singaporean cable TV provider StarHub.
Previously, Nat Geo Music aired documentaries regarding 'culture and music' around the world, later they began to play music around the clock without channel identification, promos and advertisements (though it plays the same music then).
- Wilkes, Neil (24 July 2007). "National Geographic to launch music channel". Digital Spy. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- Crook, Antony Reeve (3 August 2007). "Nat Geo Music tunes up for Italian debut". C21media. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- "Nat Geo launches threesome in Portugal". C21media. 3 March 2008. Retrieved 15 September 2018.
- "NGC Network to launch four new Nat Geo channels in India". The Economic Times. 21 May 2008. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- "FOX launches 7 new TV channels in India". The Economic Times. PTI. 30 June 2010. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- Whittock, Jesse (27 January 2010). "StarHub adds Fox trio". C21 media. Retrieved 17 September 2018.