National Geographic Wild (European TV channel)
|National Geographic Wild|
|Launched||1 March 2007|
|Owned by||National Geographic Society|
Disney Channels Worldwide
(The Walt Disney Company)
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to 16:9 576i for the SDTV feed)
|Formerly called||Nat Geo Wild (2007-2019)|
|Replaced||Adventure One (1999–2007)|
|Sister channel(s)||National Geographic|
|Website||See listing below|
|Digiturk (Turkey)||Channel 185 |
Channel 385 (HD)
|Sky (UK and Ireland)||Channel 165 (SD/HD)|
Channel 839 (SD)
|CanalDigitaal (Netherlands)||Channel 47|
|Sky Italia (Italy)||Channel 409 (SD/HD)|
Channel 459 (SD)
|NOVA Greece (Greece)||Channel 406|
|DigitAlb (Albania)||Channel 11|
|Canalsat (France)||Channel 71|
|Cyfrowy Polsat (Poland)||Channel 89 (SD)|
Channel 109 (HD)
|Cyfra+ (Poland)||Channel 73 (SD)|
Channel 74 (HD)
|n (Poland)||Channel 73 (HD)|
|Neostrada TP z telewizją (Poland)||Channel 78 (SD)|
Channel 86 (HD)
|Skylink||SD, HD, channel nr. depends on the user|
|Ziggo (Netherlands)||Channel 204 (HD)|
|CAIW (Netherlands)||Channel 27 (SD or HD)|
|Virgin Media (UK)||Channel 264|
Channel 265 (HD)
|RCS&RDS (Romania)||Channel 48|
|UPC Romania||Channel 311 (Digital with DVR)|
Channel 51 (Digital)
|Teledünya (Turkey)||Channel 5 (HD)|
|Multimedia Polska (Poland)||Channel 214|
|UPC Poland||Channel 371|
Channel 372 (HD)
|Toya (Poland)||Channel 321 (SD)|
Channel 341 (HD)
|Glashart Media (Netherlands)||Channel 83 (SD or HD)|
|KPN (Netherlands)||Channel 116 (SD)|
Channel 756 (HD)
|Meo (Portugal)||Channel 124|
|Neostrada TP z telewizją (Poland)||Channel 78|
|BT (UK)||Channel 318|
Channel 374 (HD)
|TalkTalk TV (UK)||Channel 318|
|Sky Go (UK and Ireland)||Watch live|
|Now TV||Watch live (UK and Ireland only)|
|TVPlayer||Watch live (UK only) (TVPlayer Plus subscription required)|
|Virgin TV Anywhere (UK)||Watch live|
|Ziggo GO (Netherlands)||ZiggoGO.tv|
National Geographic Wild is a Pan-European television channel that features documentaries produced by the National Geographic Society. It features documentaries about nature, wildlife, natural phenomenon, and earth. The channel replaced Adventure One in Europe on 1 March 2007.
The channel launched as Nat Geo Wild on 1 March 2007, replacing Adventure One. The channel launched in HD in the UK and Ireland on 1 April 2009.
In the Netherlands the HD channel launched on 14 October 2010 through CAIW, later followed by KPN (8 February 2011), Glashart Media (14 April 2011), Ziggo (1 September 2011) and UPC Netherlands (1 October 2013).
Nat Geo Wild was rebranded as National Geographic Wild on 1 February 2019.
- Robert Briel (20 February 2007). "Nat Geo goes Wild". Broadband Tv Nieuws.
- Julian Clover (25 March 2009). "Nat Geo goes Wild in HD". Broadband TV News.
- "Uitbreiding aantal HD-zenders Caiway" (in Dutch). Digitale Kabeltelevisie. 9 October 2010.
- "Nat Geo Wild in HD TV pakket van KPN" (in Dutch). HDTV Nieuws. 8 February 2011.
- Robert Briel (14 April 2011). "Glashart voegt StarTV en NatGeo HD toe" (in Dutch). Broadband TV Nieuws.
- "Ziggo komt per 1 september met meer HD zenders" (in Dutch). HDTV Nieuws. 27 June 2011.
- Jarco Kriek (25 September 2013). "UPC biedt grootste HD-aanbod in Nederland" (in Dutch). Totaal TV.
- Timo Niemeier (31 January 2019). "Rebranding: Aus Nat Geo Wild wird National Geographic Wild" (in German). DWDL.de.
- New Disney Registration Statement