|Birth name||Nataša Bekvalac|
|Born||25 September 1980|
Novi Sad, SR Serbia, SFR Yugoslavia
Nataša Bekvalac (Serbian Cyrillic: Наташа Беквалац, pronounced [nǎtaʃa bekʋǎːlats], born 25 September 1980) is a Serbian singer and actress. Rose to prominence in 2001 with debut album Ne brini, she is now recognised as one of the most eminent Serbian pop stars.
Nataša Bekvalac was born in Novi Sad on September 25, 1980. Her father is a football coach and former player Dragoljub Bekvalac. Nataša grew up as the middle daughter with two sisters, one of which is Serbian fashion designer and former Survivor Srbija VIP: Costa Rica contestant, Kristina Bekvalac.
In 1989 Bekvalac made her music debut on a children music festival where she performed alongside popular Bosnian rock band Regina. Later in 1990, she was also noted for appearing on the children music show called 'Muzički tobogan' (Musical Slide).
In 2001, Bekvalc released her debut album, titled Ne brini (Don't Worry) under City Records, which was nominated for the album of the year. Her sophomore record Ništa lično (Nothing Personal), featuring stand-out 'Mali signali' (Small Signals), was released the following year. In 2004, she released Stereo ljubav (Stereo Love) containing hit-songs such as 'Nikotin' (Nicotine). In 2008, Bekvalac dropped an EP, called Ljubav, vera, nada (Love, Faith, Hope), with three new songs and their R&B infused remixes
In 2010, Bekvalac presented Ne valjam (I'm No Good). The following year she released a duet with Emina Jahović called 'Gospodine' (Mister) and was later declared female pop artist of the year at the Serbian Popularity Oscar ceremony. In 2016, Bekvalac saw great commercial success with her fifth studio album, 'Original' (Original), which also featured six previously recorded singles. Over the years, she also made several acting appearances on television and in 2016 had her theatre debut as Queen Draga Mašin in the musical 'Tajna Crne ruke' (The Secret of Black Hand). In 2018, Bekvalac replaced Jelena Tomašević as the judge on the televised children singing competition Pinkove Zvezdice on TV Pink. In October, she successfully released single 'Mala plava' (Little Blonde) featuring rapper and record producer Coby. In December, Bekvalac released 'Neprijatelj' (Enemy) with Magla Band. She continued collaborating with Coby on the forthcoming single 'Dođi mami' (Come to Mama), released in July 2019. In October, Bekvalac had another duet with Emina Jahović, titled 'Muško više ne mogu' (Male I Can't Anymore). She then announced her first concert in the Belgrade Arena, titled 'S.O.S. za ljubav' (SOS for Love), for Valentine's Day 2020.
Throughout her career, Bekvalac's personal life has been the subject of constant media attention. In 2006, she married Serbian waterpolo player Danilo Ikodinović, to whom she gave birth to daughter Hana the following year. The couple eventually separated in 2011. Bekvalac was then briefly married to handball player Ljubomir Jovanović, between 2015 and 2017, whom she left to marry her third husband entrepreneur Luka Lazukić. In 2018, however, Nataša was physically assaulted by Lazukić just a month after she had given birth to their baby girl named Katja. This case went to court followed with substantial media attention and Bekvalac field for a divorce once again.
- Studio albums
- Ljubav, vera, nada (2008)
- "O meni | Kristina Bekvalac". www.kristinabekvalac.com. Retrieved 2015-09-20.
- "Ne Brini at Discogs".
- "Ništa lično at Discogs".
- "Stereo Ljubav at Discogs".
- "Ljubav, Vera, Nada at Discogs".
- "Ne Valjam at Discogs".
- "Dodeljene nagrade Oskar Popularnosti u Sava Centru" (in Serbian). Blic. February 2011.
- "Original at Discogs".
- "Nataša Bekvalac Tajna Crne ruke, premijera" (in Serbian). 2016.
- "Članovi žirija Pinkovih Zvezdica napuštaju takmičenje zbog Kije" (in Serbian). Tracara.
- "Nataša Bekvalac i Coby imaju hit! 'Mala plava' dominira na trendingu" (in Serbian). IDJTV.com.
- "Nataša Bekvalac i Emina Jahović objavile novi hit! Poslušajte 'Muško više ne mogu'" (in Serbian). Tracara.
- "Počela prodaja karata za koncert Nataše Bekvalac" (in Serbian). Tracara.
- "Pretučena Nataša Bekvalas!" (in Serbian). Tracara.
- "Nataša Bekvalac zvanično razvedena od Luke Lazukića" (in Serbian). Tracara.
- "Nataša Bekvalac dobila titulu Gej ikone 2019 godine: I dalje se borim za ljubav" (in Serbian). Večernje Novosti.