Natal, South Africa
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Natal is a region in South Africa. It stretches between the Indian Ocean in the south and east, the Drakensberg in the west, and the Lebombo Mountains in the north. The main cities are Pietermaritzburg and Durban. Today, it is administered as the Province of KwaZulu-Natal.
- 1839–1843: Natalia Republic, a Boer republic
- 1843–1910: Colony of Natal, a British colony
- 1910–1994: Natal Province, a province of South Africa
- 1981–1994: KwaZulu, a bantustan in South Africa
- 1994-present, KwaZulu-Natal, a province of South Africa
- Du Bois, Duncan L. Sugar and Settlers. A history of the Natal South Coast 1850 - 1910. Sun Media, Bloemfontein, 2015.
|This KwaZulu-Natal location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|