Szroeder in 2016
|Born||20 April 1995|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, author, TV presenter|
|Labels||Warner Music Poland|
Natalia Weronika Szroeder (born 20 April 1995) is a Polish singer-songwriter and TV presenter. She is most known for her works with rapper Liber, of which she appeared with in his songs Wszystkiego na raz and Nie patrzę w dół in 2013. The singer also has a solo career: her debut single titled Jane was released in 2012.
Szroeder was born on 20 April 1995 in Bytów. She grew up in the Pomeranian village of Parchowo in a musically inclined family. Her mother, Joanna, is a singer for the folk band Modraki, which was founded by her grandfather Waldemar Kapiszka. Three of her siblings were part of the Rusland Trio. Her father Jaromir was the founder of the Dialogus theater, in 2004/2005. In childhood, Szroeder appeared in the TVP1 program, Od przedszkola do Opola.
In 2011, she was a part of an episode of Szansa na sukces. She sang the song "Cicha woda" by Maryla Rodowicz. On 24 March 2012, she released a video on YouTube for the song "Potrzebny je drech" (in the Kashubian language), of which she wrote Weronika Korthals, as advised by Tomasz Fopke. In July of that year, she released their debut single Jane. The music and the lyrics were written by Marek Kościkiewicz, a former member of De Mono. In the same year, she teamed up with rapper Liber, with whom she recorded the song Wszystkiego na raz. The composition was ranked 5th in AirPlay – Top, and also hit the charts of radio stations such as RMF FM and Radio Zet. The song "Wszystkiego na raz" was the second single released in May of the same year in the Liber album Duety. The album also shared the second track of the two, Nie patrzę w dół, whose music video was produced by Cam-L Studio DL Promotion. On 3 August of that year, Szroeder performed a duet with Liber at the Eska Music Awards 2013 gala, during which they were nominated for Best Debut. In the same month, Szroeder appeared on the Russian Song Festival in Zielona Góra, where she performed the song "Kukuszka" from the repertoire of Zemfira. On 2 December 2013, she released her second hit single, Tęczowy.
On 11 February 2014, she released her third single "Nie pytaj jak (Young Stars Festival)". In April, she appeared alongside Mezo and Dawid Kwiatkowski at the Young Stars Festival 2014, at the HWS Arena in Poznań. In June of that year, she took part in a concert to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the careers of Jacek Cygan and Ryszard Rynkowski, which took place in the framework of LI Festival of Polish Songs in Opole. During the concert, she sang the song "Za młodzi, za starzy", in a duet with Cygan. In June, she took part in Carpathia Festival 2014, organized in Rzeszów. On 27 July 2014, during a concert at Lata ZET i Dwójki in Toruń, together with Liber, she won in the category of Best Performance for the performance of the song Nie patrzę w dół. In the same year, on 24 August, they released their first single, Teraz ty, which heralds the two as a duo.
In autumn 2015, Szroeder took part in the fourth edition of the entertainment show Twoja twarz brzmi znajomo on TV Polsat, where she took seventh place. In the fifth episode, she sung the Whitney Houston's hit "I Have Nothing", for which she won first place and won 10 thousand PLN, which she allocated to the Słoneczko Foundation. Her rendition was praised by a journalist from the British newspaper The Mirror.
|Performances of Natalia Szroeder in Twoja twarz brzmi znajomo|
|Episode||Performed Song/Original Artist||Points||Total points||Miejsce|
|Katarzyna Skrzynecka||DJ Adamus||Małgorzata
(points awarded by the other participants)
|1.||"Could You Be Loved"/Bob Marley||6||2||1||3||5||17||6th|
|3.||"Poker Face"/Lady Gaga||7||6||10||6||10||39||2nd|
|4.||"Nasz Disneyland"/Paweł Stasiak||2||1||5||1||10||19||5th|
|5.||"I Have Nothing"/Whitney Houston||10||10||10||10||10||50||1st|
|7.||"Shake It Off"/Taylor Swift||3||2||5||2||0||12||7th|
|8.||"Anna Maria"/Seweryn Krajewski||2||1||2||4||5||14||8th|
|"Dumka na dwa serca"/Edyta Górniak
a duet with Michał Grobelny, who plays the role of Mietek Szcześniak
On 9 February 2016, Szroeder confirmed on the radio show RMF FM that she would attempt to represent Poland via a national final for the 61st edition of the Eurovision Song Contest in 2016 with the song Lustra. She had been a jury member for Poland in the Eurovision Song Contest 2015. A few days later, she was on the list of artists qualified for the final. She got 5th place with 4.20% of the votes. In August 2016, she released her second single Domek z kart for her debut album NATinterpretacje. Szroeder is a co-author of lyrics and music from the album. The album debuted at the 15th Place of the Polish OLiS charts.
From 3 March to 12 May 2017, she took part in the seventh edition of the Polish version of Dancing with the Stars, Dancing with the Stars: Taniec z gwiazdami with her dance partner Jan Kliment. The couple won the competition, beating Cichosz and Stefano Terrazzino in the finals. Along with Rafał Brzozowski and Sylwia Lipka, she was an interval act for the national selection for the Polish national final for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2017.
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Certifications||Album|
|"Wszystkiego na raz"
|"Domek z Kart"||19||3||
|"Nie oglądam się"||2019||26||1|
|"Nie mów nic"||—||—|
|"—" denotes items which were not released in that country or failed to chart.|
As featured artist
|Title||Year||Peak on charts||Albums|
|Liber – "Nie patrzę w dół" (feat. Natalia Szroeder)||2013||2||3||Duety|
|"—" denotes items which were not released in that country or failed to chart.|
|Weronika Korthals – Na wiedno||2009||"Redosny dzéń" (feat. Natalia Szroeder)|
|Najpiękniejsze polskie kolędy (kompilacja)||2010||Weronika Korthals i Natalia Szroeder – "Dzysô z Betlejem"|
|Liber – Duety||2013||"Wszystkiego na raz" (feat. Natalia Szroeder)|
"Nie patrzę w dół" (feat. Natalia Szroeder)
|TARTA z truskawkami kaszubskimi (kompilacja)||2014||Natalia Szroeder – "Potrzebny je drech"|
|"Potrzebny je drech"||2012||–||–|
|"Nie pytaj jak (Young Stars Festival)"||2014||Smoła Studio||–|
|Liber – "Wszystkiego na raz" (feat. Natalia Szroeder)||2013||–||Duety|
|Liber – "Nie patrzę w dół" (feat. Natalia Szroeder)||cam-L Studio, DL Promotion|
|Weronika Korthals and Natalia Szroeder – "Dzysô z Betlejem"||2010||–||Najpiękniejsze polskie kolędy|
Awards and honors
|2013||The best debut||Eska Music Awards 2013||Nominated|
|The biggest hit of the year ("Wszystkiego na raz")||TOPtrendy 2013||Nominated|
|2016||Grand Prix Opola 2016 ("Lustra")||National Festival of Polish Song in Opole||Nominated|
- "Natalia Szroeder: "Tutaj postawię dom"" (in Polish). dziendobry.tvn.pl. Retrieved 22 January 2017.
- Mantiuk, Łukasz. "RISING STARS: KIM JEST NATALIA SZROEDER?" (in Polish). allaboutmusic.pl. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- Gzyl, Paweł. "Natalia Szroeder: nie mam czasu na smutek" (in Polish). muzyka.onet.pl. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- Gurba, Andrzej. "Natalia z Parchowa wygrała "Szansę na sukces" (wideo). Zaśpiewa latem z Marylą Rodowicz" (in Polish). www.gp24.pl. Retrieved 11 July 2016.
- "Natalia Szroeder – "Potrzebny je drech"" (in Polish). www.youtube.com. Retrieved 7 February 2018.
- "Jane – Single Natalia Szroeder". itunes.apple.com. Retrieved 22 January 2015.
- "Natalia Szroeder, Liber – Wszystkiego na raz – Single". itunes.apple.com. Archived from the original on 18 December 2014. Retrieved 7 February 2018.CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link)
- "Liber & Natalia Szroeder (Airplay – Top: 09.02. – 15.02.2013)" (in Polish). bestsellery.zpav.pl. Retrieved 7 February 2018.
- "Znamy nominacje ESKA Music Awards" (in Polish). muzyka.onet.pl. Archived from the original on 21 October 2013. Retrieved 7 February 2018.
- "Festiwal Piosenki Rosyjskiej: Michał Szpak, Natalia Sikora i Natalia Szroeder powalczą o Złoty Samowar" (in Polish). muzyka.onet.pl. Retrieved 7 February 2018.
- "Teczowy – Single Natalia Szroeder". itunes.apple.com. Retrieved 7 February 2018.
- "Nie Pytaj Jak (Young Stars Festival) – Single Natalia Szroeder". itunes.apple.com. Retrieved 7 February 2018.
- "Young Stars Festival 2014: kto wystąpi, bilety i jakie atrakcje czekają w Poznaniu" (in Polish). eska.pl. Retrieved 7 February 2018.
- "Carpathia 2014 – finał" (in Polish). carpathia.rzeszow.pl. Archived from the original on 9 June 2015. Retrieved 7 February 2018.CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link)
- "Lato Zet i Dwójki 2014 – Toruń cz. 2" (in Polish). vod.tvp.pl. Retrieved 7 February 2018.
- "Natalia Szroeder, Liber – Teraz Ty – Single". itunes.apple.com. Retrieved 7 February 2018.
- Walker, Danny (6 October 2015). "Is this the best Whitney Houston impression ever? Polish singer STUNS celebrity talent show audience". www.mirror.co.uk. The Mirror. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "Eurowizja 2016: Kolejna gwiazda w polskim finale! Natalia Szroeder zgłosiła piosenkę "Lustra"". www.rmf.fm (in Polish). RMF FM. 9 February 2016. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "Wyniki polskich preselekcji". eurowizja2015.tvp.pl (in Polish). Archived from the original on 11 March 2016. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "Natalia Szroeder – strona oficjalna". www.nataliaszroeder.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- Tryzno, Julia (31 January 2017). "Taniec z gwiazdami 7 – lista uczestników. Kto zatańczy w Polsacie?". plejada.pl (in Polish). Plejada.pl. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- Majek, Milena (12 May 2017). ""Taniec z gwiazdami": wielki finał za nami! Kto wygrał? Co działo się w ostatnim odcinku show?". plejada.pl (in Polish). Plejada.pl. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "Natalia Szroeder i Jan Kliment wygrali Dancing with the Stars. Taniec z Gwiazdami – Polsat News". polsatnews.pl (in Polish). Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "Eurowizja Junior 2017 – krajowe eliminacje: Rafał Brzozowski prowadzącym. Kto w jury?". plejada.pl (in Polish). Plejada.pl. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "Eurowizja 2018. Natalia Szroeder zawalczy o udział w konkursie?". plejada.pl (in Polish). Plejada.pl. Retrieved 18 February 2018.