|Born||Natalie Jane Appleton
14 May 1973
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
|Residence||Hampstead, London, England|
|Other names||Natalie Appleton Howlett|
|Relatives||Nicole Appleton (sister)|
Natalie Jane Appleton Howlett (born 14 May 1973 in Mississauga) is a Canadian-born pop singer based in London, who is a member of the girl group All Saints. During All Saints' five years of inactivity, she was a member of Appleton with her younger sister Nicole.
1996–2001: All Saints
Appleton's father met Melanie Blatt, with whom Nicole had attended the Sylvia Young Theatre School, and heard that Blatt was considering starting a girl group and was looking for new members. Nicole asked whether her sister could join the group as well. In 1996 both sisters joined Blatt and Shaznay Lewis in forming All Saints. In 2000, both Natalie and Nicole appeared in the poorly received film Honest. All Saints split acrimoniously in 2001 amid much foment and rumour. In their five-year career, the group scored a total of five #1 singles.
2002–2005: Appleton and television
Natalie and Nicole formed a duo Appleton and launched their first single "Fantasy" in September 2002 which features Natalie doing a stage dive. Initially it was to be Nicole doing the stage dive, but she backed out at the last minute, and thus Natalie took her place. The album Everything's Eventual was released in early 2003 and coincided with the documentary Appleton on Appleton which gave an inside look into the life of the sisters. In November 2004, Appleton was a contestant on the fourth series of I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!. While on the show the public voted for her numerous times to take part in bushtucker trials, she was not very successful in completing the challenges and left after the public voted for her to do what would have been a record fifth bushtucker trial.
2006–2008: Return of the All Saints
2014–present: Second All Saints reunion
In 2014, All Saints reformed to support the Backstreet Boys for five dates across the UK and Ireland in 2014. On 27 January 2016, it was confirmed that All Saints will release their fourth studio album Red Flag on 8 April 2016. The lead single from the album, "One Strike", preceded the album on 26 February 2016.
In addition to Nicole, Natalie has two older sisters, Lori and Lee. Natalie was born in Mississauga, Ontario, to her British mother Mary and Canadian father, Kenbut. While growing up she lived in Toronto, New York City, and London.
She attended high school in Ellenville, New York, and eventually quit to sing at a Borscht Belt country club at age fifteen. She moved back to New York City and, in 1990, back again to Camden, England, where she met Carl Robinson (born c. 1967), a stripper with The Dreamboys whom she met when seeing them perform on a night out in London when she was 17, She moved in with him three months later. On 19 May 1992, their daughter Rachel Appleton (now known as Rachel Howlett) was born. She married Robinson in New York in 1993 and they divorced in 1995.
Appleton began dating Liam Howlett of the electronic band The Prodigy in 2000, after they met at the V Festival. They married on 6 June 2002 in a ceremony in France. In addition to Appleton's daughter from her first marriage, the couple have a son, Ace Billy Howlett, born 2 March 2004.
|2004||I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!||Contestant/Herself/Competitor||Season 4|
|2000||Honest||Mandy Chase||Nominated — 2000 Cannes Film Festival|
- "All Saints Appleton sisters support South End Green Indian restaurant's charity drive". 4 October 2014.
-  Archived June 5, 2004, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Celebs". AskMen. Retrieved 2015-10-18.
- BBC, Appleton on Appleton documentary.
- "Natalie is second to quit jungle - The Scotsman". News.scotsman.com. 2004-11-29. Retrieved 2015-10-18.
- "Yahoo Celebrity UK - Yahoo". Uk.news.launch.yahoo.com. 2015-10-14. Retrieved 2015-10-18.
- "HMV | Music, Films, & Games". HMV.com. 2015-10-14. Retrieved 2015-10-18.
- James Robertson. "All Saints reunite to support Backstreet Boys on UK tour next year". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- Amy Davidson (27 January 2016). "All Saints announce new single 'One Strike', and it was inspired by Nicole Appleton's split from Liam Gallagher". Digital Spy.
- "Featured Content on Myspace". Groups.myspace.com. Retrieved 2015-10-18.
- [dead link]
- "As it celebrates 40th anniversary of opening, gallery looks back to the day when James Bond dropped in for a cuppa". Camden New Journal. 8 November 2012.
-  Archived February 25, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Interview with Liam Howlett of the Prodigy". The Guardian. 20 August 2004.
- "I'm A Celebrity: Natalie Appleton factfile". The Telegraph. 19 February 2007.
- "All Saints Put Children Before Touring". Female First. 23 April 2016.
- "NATALIE DELIVERS AN ACE". Web.archive.org. Archived from the original on 2004-06-12. Retrieved 2016-08-21.