Goldberg has studied Zen Buddhism for more than thirty years and practiced with Dainin Katagiri Roshi for twelve years. Goldberg is a teacher who lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Her 1986 book Writing Down the Bones sold over a million copies and is considered an influential work on the craft of writing. Her 2013 book, The True Secret of Writing, is a follow-up to that work.
- Chicken and in Love (1979), ISBN 978-0-930100-04-9
- Writing Down the Bones (1986), ISBN 0-87773-375-9
- Wild Mind: Living the Writer's Life (1990)
- Long Quiet Highway: Waking Up in America (1993)
- Banana Rose (1995)
- Living Color: A Writer Paints Her World (1997)
- Thunder and Lightning (2000)
- The Essential Writer's Notebook (2001)
- Top of My Lungs (2002)
- The Great Failure (2004)
- Old Friend From Far Away: The Practice of Writing Memoir (2008), ISBN 978-1-4165-3502-7
- The True Secret of Writing (2013)
- The Great Spring: Writing, Zen, and This Zigzag Life (2016), ISBN 978-1-61180-316-7
- Let the Whole Thundering World Come Home: A Memoir (2018), ISBN 978-1611805673
- "Frugal Traveler: Mellowing on a Canadian Isle". The New York Times. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- "Keep The Hand Moving Natalie Goldberg On Zen And The Art Of Writing Practice". The Sun. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- "What Failure Can teach Us". Beliefnet. Retrieved May 23, 2013.
- "Beyond Betrayal". Tricycle: The Buddhist Review. Retrieved May 4, 2013.
- "Writing Is Like Wrestling Buddha; For Guru Goldberg, It's A Religious Act." The Capital Times, September 22, 2000 – via HighBeam Research (subscription required).
- John F. Baker," Goldberg Moving to Harper San Francisco", Publishers Weekly, October 31, 2003.
- Cecilia Goodnow, "A Memoirist's How-To Book: Bring Fearlessness" Seattle Post-Intelligencer, March 5, 2008 – via HighBeam Research (subscription required).
- Jean Fain, "Author Natalie Goldberg on the Zen of Living, Writing and Eating", Huffington Post, March 4, 2013.
- Helen Gallagher, "The True Secret of Writing: Connecting Life with Language", New York Journal of Books (accessed 2013-03-19).
- Official website
- Natalie Goldberg in Contemporary Authors – via HighBeam Research (subscription required)
- Zen and the Art of Writing – with Natalie Goldberg
|This article about an American writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|