Natalie Morales (actress)
Morales at the 2009 San Diego Comic Con
February 15, 1985 |
Kendall, Florida, United States
Natalie Morales (born February 15, 1985) is an American actress. She starred in the ABC Family series The Middleman and had a main role on the first season of the USA Network series White Collar. In 2010, she appeared in the feature films Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps and Going the Distance.
A native of Kendall, Florida, Morales is of Cuban descent. She attended St. Agatha Catholic School while growing up, and then went to Southwest Miami Senior High School. She participated in the University of Miami's Dow Jones Minority High School Journalism Workshop.
Morales had a guest appearance on CSI: Miami in 2006, and played a character in Pimp My Ride that year, a video game version of the MTV television series. Her first major role was in The Middleman, a sci-fi dramedy which aired on the ABC Family network for one season. She starred as Wendy Watson; the series was adapted from the comic book, The Middle Man. Morales also starred in and executive produced a Web series, titled Quitters. The series was an official selection of the 3rd annual ITVFest (Independent Television Festival) in Los Angeles in August 2008.
In 2009, Morales joined the cast of the USA Network television series, White Collar, for the first season. She portrayed Lauren Cruz, a junior FBI agent. In May 2010, Morales began appearing in the NBC sitcom Parks and Recreation, portraying Lucy, girlfriend of Aziz Ansari's character Tom Haverford and bartender at The Snakehole Lounge, and has recently appeared in a Doctor Who special commenting on the phenomenon of regeneration.
Morales appeared in Oliver Stone's 2010 film, Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps, a sequel to his 1987 film Wall Street. She was cast as Chelsea Handler's best friend in Are You There, Chelsea?, but left the series when the cast was replaced for creative reasons. Morales also appeared on the Aaron Sorkin–created HBO drama, The Newsroom, guest-starring as Kaylee, the girlfriend of Dev Patel’s character, Neal. In 2013, Morales joined the cast of Trophy Wife as Meg, Kate's best friend. In 2015 she joined the cast of the Fox series The Grinder.
|2010||The Time Machine||Natalie||Short film|
|2010||Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps||Churchill Schwartz Trader|
|2010||Going the Distance||Brandy|
|2011||6 Month Rule||Sophie|
|2011||Freeloaders||Red Dot Girl|
|2006||CSI: Miami||Anya Boa Vista||Episode: "Darkroom"|
|2006||Pimp My Ride||Aiyana||Video game|
|2008||The Middleman||Wendy Watson||Main role, 12 episodes|
|2009||Boldly Going Nowhere||Ruby||TV movie|
|2009||Rockville CA||Isabel||Web series, episode: "Shoegazed"|
|2009–10||White Collar||Lauren Cruz||Main role, 9 episodes|
|2010||The Subpranos||Beatrice Ramirez||Web series, episode: "Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves"|
|2011||The Cape||Kia||Episode: "The Lich (Part 1)"|
|2010–15||Parks and Recreation||Lucy||Recurring role, 12 episodes|
|2012||The Newsroom||Kaylee||2 episodes|
|2012||90210||Ashley Howard||3 episodes|
|2013–14||Trophy Wife||Meg Gomez||Main role, 22 episodes|
|2015||The Grinder||Claire||Main role|
- Hernandez, Lee (March 25, 2010). "'White Collar' Fires Natalie Morales, 'Parks and Recreation' Hires Her!". Latina. Retrieved January 27, 2012.
- "From Kidnap Victim to Kicking Butt". Miami Herald. June 23, 2008. p. 8a.
- "Miami Montage".
- "Slice of SciFi Interview With "The Middleman" Star Natalie Morales".
- "Independent Television Festival 2008 : Quitters". Retrieved October 29, 2011.
- Andreeva, Nellie (September 8, 2009). "Actress joins USA crime series". Reuters. Retrieved January 27, 2012.
- "Who's that Girl? Natalie Morales Goes from TV to "Wall Street"".
- Ausiello, Michael (July 3, 2011). "Exclusive: Chelsea Handler's New NBC Sitcom Cuts Three Castmembers in Overhaul". TVLine. Retrieved January 27, 2012.
- "White Collar Alum Joins Sorkin Show, X Factor Finale Beats The Voice and More!". TVLine. July 3, 2011. Retrieved January 28, 2012.
- "'White Collar' Alum Joins ABC Comedy Pilot 'Trophy Wife'". The Hollywood Reporter. November 26, 2012. Retrieved September 20, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Natalie Morales.|