|Other names||Tarsh, Nat|
|Education||Charles Sturt University|
Natarsha Belling is an Australian journalist.
Belling has previously worked at Network 10 as a television presenter, news presenter and reporter. She spent over two decades with the company until being made redundant in August 2020.
Early life and education
She was a boarder at St Vincent's College, Potts Point in Sydney.
Prior to joining Network 10, Belling was a reporter with Prime Television in Orange, New South Wales, and was a presenter with the Australian Broadcasting Corporation in Darwin. She then joined 10, originally as a medical reporter.
In 2007, Belling became the national presenter of 10 Morning News, replacing Tracey Spicer. She read the news on Wednesdays to Fridays (with Ron Wilson presenting on Mondays and Tuesdays). From May 2009 through to 2012, Belling presented the bulletin from Monday to Wednesday. Belling was also a fill-in co-host for Kim Watkins on Ten's former morning show 9am with David and Kim.[self-published source?]
In late 2012, 10 Weekend News was returned to a solo presented bulletin with Belling in the role. Canning also resigned from the network after 12 years and Roze also eventually resigned.
In mid-2014, Wake Up was axed and Belling took leave and wasn't given a permanent position again for some time, filling-in and having various guest roles. Belling returned to 10 Weekend News in 2015. Her final 10 Weekend News bulletin was on December 16, 2018.
In 2010, Belling presented brief news updates on The Circle, headlining the latest news on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
In July 2012, Belling was appointed Thursday and Friday news presenter on Breakfast which, due to poor ratings, was cancelled in December 2012.
In July 2013, Belling was appointed co-host of Network 10's new breakfast show Wake Up with Natasha Exelby and James Mathison. Within a short time the program lost about 50% of its audience share by November 2013 rated lower than Breakfast, the show Ten cancelled the year before because of low ratings.
Belling's major Studio 10 fill-in stints were when host Sarah Harris took leave to marry her fiancé, host a local edition of Shark Tank Australia and when she was on maternity leave giving birth to her sons in 2015 and 2017.
In December 2018, it was announced that Belling would join Studio 10 as a news presenter. She has been working in this role from the beginning of 2019 and when Sarah Harris is not in attendance, Belling hosts the show for the day. Other panel members include Joe Hildebrand, Kerri-Anne Kennerly, Angela Bishop, and Denise Drysdale.
In August 2020, Belling was made redundant by Network 10, bringing to an end a career of over two decades with the network. Along with her, other Ten News presenters including Tim Bailey, Rebecca Morse and Kerri-Anne Kennerley were also made redundant.
Southern Cross Austereo
On 17 November 2020, Belling announced that she would be fronting a new podcast, Your Morning Agenda. The podcast fall under Southern Cross Austereo's news podcast product suite and its commitment to deliver the most up to date news and current affairs for listeners. This daily news podcast will deliver the top breaking news stories every morning covering national and international, news and sport with a clear focus on business and finance from 6:30am.
As a passionate advocate for rural Australia, Belling announced her new role as the co-host and newsreader on Australia Today, through the Listnr app with Steve Price. The broadcast began on 6 April 2021, with episodes streaming on weekdays between 7 - 10am.
Four months after being made redundant by Network 10, Belling joined the Seven Network as a panelist and appears weekly on The Morning Show as a panelist to discuss current topics of interest, in the 'What's The Buzz' segment.
- "Country Fun for the Family in the Mudgee Region". Visit Mudgee Region. 1 August 2012. Archived from the original on 21 February 2014.
- "About Natarsha Belling". Natarhsa Belling. Archived from the original on 27 February 2015. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- "Natarsha Belling's Biography". Platinum Speakers. Retrieved 25 May 2022.
- "9am with David and Kim - Page 10 - Ten Network - Forums - Page 10 | Media Spy". Archived from the original on 10 June 2015. Retrieved 14 July 2022.
- Colin Kruger: "Ten cost cutting looks like a silver lining", Sydney Morning Herald, 14 November 2013.
- Blackiston, Hannah (11 August 2020). "Kerri-Anne Kennerley, Natarsha Belling and Tim Bailey all axed as Ten cuts across the network". Mumbrella. Retrieved 11 August 2020.
- "Natarsha Belling fronts PodcastOne's new daily news podcast, Your Morning Agenda". Radio Today. 17 November 2020. Retrieved 19 November 2020.
- "Steve Price gets live digital breakfast show on SCA LiSTNR". 5 April 2021.
- Patterson, Sarah (25 November 2022). "Mick Molloy to co-host brand-new Triple M Sydney Breakfast show". Radio Today. Retrieved 25 November 2022.
- "TV boss quietly sells out of Point Piper waterfront for close to $28m". Australian Financial Review. 26 September 2021. Retrieved 7 November 2021.
- Tait, Allison (13 April 2009). "What's the best age to have a baby". Sydney Morning Herald.