This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Natasha Rhodes at Comicon, California
April 8, 1978 |
|Genre||Dark Urban Fantasy, Paranormal romance, Action, Adventure, Horror|
|Notable works||Blade: Trinity, Nightmare On Elm Street: Perchance To Dream, Dante's Girl|
Natasha Rhodes is a British-born author best known for her contemporary fantasy book series starring supernatural crime-fighter Kayla Steele. She has also written many film novelizations of popular blockbuster movies such as Blade: Trinity and the Final Destination series of movies, as well as original books based on films such as the Nightmare On Elm Street series.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Rhodes was born in Kent, England in 1978. Her education includes a BA Honors degree from the Newport University, Wales (UWCN). She was most notably involved in the post-production of cult Indie spoof Cop on the Edge IX: A Prelude to Justice, a full-length underground movie directed by Eddie Keaton in 1997. Released locally, the movie won the coveted student award for getting the crew the most suspensions from using the University film equipment.
After graduating from the University of Wales in Newport with a BA Honors Degree in Film Production and Cinematography, Rhodes was hired to write official movie novelizations for Black Flame, an imprint of BL Publishing, the publishing arm of UK gaming giant Games Workshop.
Rhodes penned five movie-based original novels and novelizations for the company as a way of supporting herself during a move to Los Angeles. Inspired by the colorful local characters she met in on her travels around California, she wrote her first original novel Dante's Girl 3 years later at the age of 28. Her supernatural Buffy-style book trilogy was set on the streets of Los Angeles and was published by Solaris Books, an imprint which focuses on science fiction, fantasy and dark fantasy novels and anthologies by both established and new authors. The series was distributed to the UK and US booktrade via local divisions of Simon & Schuster.
Her most recent work was a short horror story set in the world of the Los Angeles heavy metal scene. It was published as part of an anthology of new horror writers in The End of the Line: An Anthology of Underground Horror by Rebellion Books.
Official Movie Novelizations
- Blade: Trinity (October 2004, ISBN 1-84416-106-4)
- Final Destination: Dead Reckoning (2005, ISBN 1-84416-170-6)
- Final Destination I: The Movie (2006, ISBN 1-84416-317-2)
- Final Destination II: The Movie (2006, co-written with Nancy A. Collins, ISBN 1-84416-318-0)
- A Nightmare On Elm Street: Perchance to Dream (February 2006, ISBN 1-84416-322-9)
Kayla Steele Series
- Dante's Girl (March 2007, ISBN 1-84416-666-X)
- The Last Angel (July 2008, ISBN 1-84416-577-9)
- Circus of Sins (May 2010, ISBN 978-1-906735-73-9)
- The End of the Line: An Anthology of Underground Horror (October 2010, ISBN 978-1-907519-33-8) (Contributor: short story "Crazy Train")
- http://www.natasharhodes.com - Official Author Website
- Solaris Books Official Website
- BL Publishing's Official Website
- Barnes and Nobel Review of 'Circus of Sins'
- Interview with Natasha Rhodes on ScifiChick.com
- Interview on Author David H. Burton's popular blog 'Random Musings'
- Natasha Rhodes interviewed about 'Circus Of Sins' on Mookychick.com
- Kayla Steele series review
- SciFi Blog interview with Natasha about the portrayal of women in fantasy books
- Natasha Rhodes at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database