|Occupation||Author, journalist, reviewer, DJ, presenter|
|Known for||Goth subculture, rock, metal, progressive metal|
Natasha Scharf is an author, disc jockey, presenter and journalist best known for her work publicising gothic, rock, metal and progressive metal music and subcultures. She currently writes for Metal Hammer, Classic Rock Presents: Prog and Artrocker Magazine on a freelance basis.
Her first book, Worldwide Gothic, an exploration of the development of the worldwide goth scene, was published on 23 June 2011 by Independent Music Press. A Czech language edition of the book called Gotický Svět was published by Volvox Globator in Autumn 2012.
Natasha Scharf was the founding editor of Meltdown Magazine (April 2000 – April 2004) and presenter of the spin-off radio show, Natasha's Batcave, on TotalRock until 2011. She originally joined TotalRock in 2001 as a presenter and producer for a 6-week stint on what was then called "the meltdown show". She went on to guest present on mid-morning, drivetime and Anarchy on the Airwaves evening show before developing the Batcave show around 2004. The last Batcave show was broadcast in 2010. Natasha was also main researcher and assistant producer on Beyond The Pale – a documentary on the goth scene that was broadcast on BBC Radio 1 on 4 November 2002. She has previously written for Classic Rock and Terrorizer magazines and has worked in both television, and radio with regular shows for the TLRC network. She has been interviewed for various books about the gothic subculture,   and also wrote the album sleeve notes to the 69 Eyes – Goth 'n' Roll box set
Natasha Scharf has been interviewed in various music documentaries including: HIM's Poison Arrow, The Red Hot Chili Peppers Phenomenon, Rock Milestones: The Ramones' Pleasant Dreams, Inside T-Rex: A Critical Review 1974–1977, and for the Adam and the Ants – Stand And Deliver, DVD, which was also broadcast on ITV in December 2006.
- 2008 The 69 Eyes Goth 'n Roll Box set (Poko Records) (wrote sleeve notes)
- Scharf, Natasha (2011). Worldwide Gothic A Chronicle of a Tribe. Independent Music Press. ISBN 978-1-906191-19-1
- Scharf, Natasha (2012). Gotický svět (Trans. Tomáš Hoyer). Volvox Globator.
- Scharf, Natasha (2014). The Art of Gothic. Omnibus Press/Backbeat Books. ISBN 978-1783052639
- "Worldwide Gothic". Independent Music Press. Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- "Gotický Svět". Volvox Globator. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "The Story of meltdown". Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- "TotalRock.com". Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- "Inside Out Goths in Newcastle". BBC. Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- "Scene Stealers". BBC. Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- "The Woman Who Stops Traffic". Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- "Metal Hammer TV interview with Tairrie B". Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- Hodkinson, Paul (2002). Goth: Identity, Style and Subculture. Berg.
- Baddeley, Gavin (2002). Goth Chic: A Connoisseur's Guide to Dark Culture. Plexus.
- Mercer, Mick (2002). 21st Century Gothic. Reynolds & Hearn Ltd.
- Kilpatrick, Nancy (2004). Goth Bible: A Compendium for the Darkly Inclined. St. Martin's Griffin.
- Brill, Dunja (2008). Goth Culture: Gender, Sexuality and Style. Berg.
- "HALLOWEEN 2008: "GOTH'N'ROLL" FOUR DISC BOX SET COMES OUT BY HALLOWEEN!!!". Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- "Poison Arrow". Chrome Dreams. Retrieved 4 July 2011.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- "The Red Hot Chili Peppers Phenomenon". Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- "Rock Milestones: The Ramones' Pleasant Dreams". Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- "Inside T-Rex: A Critical Review 1974–1977". Retrieved 4 July 2011.
- "Adam and the Ants – Stand And Deliver". Retrieved 4 July 2011.