Stefanenko in Rome in 2004
Natalya Dmitrievna Stefanenko
April 18, 1969
|Nationality||Russian, resident in Italy|
|Occupation||Actress, model, television presenter|
|Height||5 ft 11.75 in (182 cm)|
Natalya Dmitrievna "Natasha" Stefanenko (Russian: Наталья Дмитриевна "Наташа" Стефаненко; born 18 April 1969) is a Russian-born actress, model, and television presenter who lives and works in both Italy and Russia.
Stefanenko was born in Sverdlovsk, the daughter of a nuclear engineer who worked in a secret unnamed city underground, close to the Ural Mountains. She lived with her family in a closed city and they also owned a dacha beside a lake.
Stefanenko was also a swimming champion who swam with Alexander Popov; when she was a young girl she swam 10 kilometres a day. In 1984, she almost joined the Soviet Olympic swim team, but preferred to continue with her education. As it turned out, the Soviet Union decided to boycott the 1984 Summer Olympics which were held in Los Angeles.
After winning the Look of the Year contest in Moscow in 1991, Stefanenko moved to Milan, where she obtained work as a model. After being discovered in a restaurant by director Beppe Recchia, she made her first television appearance on the variety show, La grande sfida, alongside host Gerry Scotti, without being able, at the time, to speak the Italian language.
She commenced her acting career with the cinematographic film La grande prugna in 1999. She played the character Angela Cornelio, one of the protagonists in the television series Nebbie e delitti (Fog and Crimes), which aired on Rai Due from 2005 to 2009. She has also hosted many programmes, including the 2001 edition of Festivalbar, which is an annual series of televised summer concerts performed by both Italian and international pop groups in town squares throughout Italy; and Italia's Next Top Model in 2009. In the same year 2009, she had a role in Mediaset Canale 5's police drama series, Distretto di Polizia 9 (Police District 9). Since 2007, she is also a host of Russia's TV show "Snimite eto nemedlenno" which is based on the British programme What Not to Wear (UK).
In December 1995, Stefanenko married Italian entrepreneur and ex-model Luca Sabbioni, and they have one daughter, Sasha, who was born in 2000.
- La grande prugna (1999), cinema
- Ti spiace se bacio mamma? (2003), cinema
- In nome di Maria (2008), cinema
- Ex - Amici come prima! (2011), cinema
(A partial list)
- La grande sfida (1992), variety show
- Per tutta la vita (1997), matrimonial show
- Gioco di specchio (2000), television film
- Nebbie e delitti (2005–2009), television series
- Festivalbar (2001), televised summer concerts; co-presenter
- Italia's Next Top Model (2007–2011), reality show; presenter, judge
- Снимите Это Немедленно (Russia, 2007–present), presenter
- Camera Cafe (2007), sit-com
- Quelli che....il calcio (2007)
- Distretto di Polizia 9 (2009), television series
- 7 vite 2 (2009), sit-com
- Съешьте это немедленно (Russia, 2011–present), presenter
- Топ-модель по-русски: Международный сезон (2014), reality show; presenter, judge
- Natasha Stefanenko at the Internet Movie Database
- Italian Wikipedia