Nate Allen (safety)
Allen with the Philadelphia Eagles in 2014
|No. 20 Oakland Raiders|
|Date of birth:||November 30, 1987|
|Place of birth:||Fort Myers, Florida|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||210 lb (95 kg)|
|High school:||Cape Coral (FL)|
|NFL Draft:||2010 / Round: 2 / Pick: 37|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2014|
Nathaniel "Nate" Ray Allen (born November 30, 1987) is an American football safety for the Oakland Raiders of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football at South Florida.
Allen played football for the Pop Warner Little Scholars. He was part of the SE Region, Peace River Conference and played with the Cape Coral High School Seahawks. Allen attended Cape Coral High School, where he played quarterback and threw for more than 5,000 career yards. He was a three-time all-area player and Class 5A honorable mention all-state as a junior and senior. Also an accomplished basketball player, he averaged 15.3 points, 6.6 rebounds and 2.9 steals in 2005–2006 and was named 2nd Team All-Area. He was also a letterman in track.
Considered a two-star recruit by Rivals.com, Allen was not ranked among the nation's best football prospects. He drew little attention from colleges and selected South Florida over Eastern Kentucky and Eastern Michigan.
Becoming a full-time starter as sophomore, Allen had a breakout year, recording 84 tackles (fourth on the team), four interceptions, three fumble recoveries, 47 fumble return yards and one touchdown. He was named Nagurski National Defensive Player of the Week after forcing a fumble, recovering a fumble and intercepting a pass in Bulls’ win at No. 17 Auburn.
A preseason Thorpe Award candidate in 2008, Allen finished the season fifth on the team with 53 tackles, while having two tackles for loss, one sack and one interception.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 1 in||207 lb||4.30 s||6.96 s||34½ in||9 ft 6 in||16 reps|
|Bench press value from 2010 NFL Scouting Combine, all other values from South Florida's Pro Day on March 30.|
Allen was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the second round (37th overall) in the 2010 NFL Draft. After Marlin Jackson suffered an Achilles tendon rupture during organized team activities, Allen was named the starting free safety going into training camp, replacing the 2009 starter, Sean Jones. Allen was signed to a four-year contract on July 27, 2010.
Allen recorded his first NFL Interception against the Green Bay Packers in week 1 of the 2010 season and he recorded his second interception week 2 against the Detroit Lions. He was named the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month for the month of September. He was placed on injured reserve on December 21 due to a torn patellar tendon.
Allen entered free agency after the 2013 season. He re-signed with the Eagles on a one-year deal. Entering 2014, Allen is listed as a starter at safety opposite Malcolm Jenkins. Although he led the team with 4 interceptions, the Eagles did not re-sign Allen.
Allen signed with the Oakland Raiders on March 12, 2015. Allen suffered a torn MCL in a loss to the Cincinnati Bengals on September 13, 2015. After an impressive preseason where he only allowed 1 catch on 5 targets, he played only 5 games in the regular season, totalling 11 tackles and 1 interception. He was released by the Raiders on February 9, 2016. Allen was re-signed by the Raiders on February 11, 2016.
|Year||Team||GP||COMB||TOTAL||AST||SACK||FF||FR||FR YDS||INT||IR YDS||AVG IR||LNG||TD||PD|
- GP: games played
- COMB: combined tackles
- TOTAL: total tackles
- AST: assisted tackles
- SACK: sacks
- FF: forced fumbles
- FR: fumble recoveries
- FR YDS: fumble return yards
- INT: interceptions
- IR YDS: interception return yards
- AVG IR: average interception return
- LNG: longest interception return
- TD: interceptions returned for touchdown
- PD: passes defensed
- "Nate Allen Recruiting Profile", Rivals.com, retrieved November 25, 2009
- "Nate Allen, DS #3 FS, South Florida". NFLDraftScout.com. Retrieved 2010-06-01.
- McPherson, Chris (June 10, 2010). "Reid: Jackson Will Report On Time". philadelphiaeagles.com. Retrieved 2010-06-10.
- "Eagles come to terms with second-round pick Allen". Seattle Post-Intelligencer. July 27, 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-27.[dead link]
- Goldman, Josh (September 29, 2010). "Vick, Allen Honored For September Play". philadelphiaeagles.com. Retrieved 2010-09-29.
- Rosenthal, Gregg (December 21, 2010). "Allen's absence a concern for so-so Eagles pass defense". profootballtalk.com. Retrieved 2010-12-21.
- ESPN (March 17, 2014). "Nate Allen agrees to return to Philadelphia Eagles". espn.com.
- Raiders Sign S Nate Allen
- Florio, Mike (February 9, 2016). "Raiders move on from Nate Allen". profootballtalk.com. Retrieved 2016-02-09.
- "Nate Allen Stats". ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved 28 January 2014.