Nate Green (author)
|Nate Green, author|
|Born||May 25, 1985|
Nate Green is an author, writer, marketing strategist and fitness expert. His articles have been featured in Men’s Health, Men's Fitness, on Livestrong.com, and Tim Ferriss's blog.
In 2004 at the age of 19, Green emailed Lou Schuler, former fitness director of Men's Health magazine. Green told Schuler he wanted his job and asked for advice on writing and publishing. Schuler became Green's first of many mentors who helped Green along in his career.
A former personal trainer, Green began to focus more on writing and in 2006, Green created his blog, The Nate Green Experience. Green later became a contributing editor to T-Nation. He left his position with T-Nation in 2010 and joined Precision Nutrition where he currently works as a writer and marketing strategist.
In 2008, at the age of 23, Avery Publishing released Green's first book, Built For Show, a fitness and nutrition book for men. Green is also the author of the ebook The Hero Handbook, and Bigger, Smaller, Bigger. He co-authored Experiments in Intermittent Fasting with Dr. John Berardi and Dr. Krista Scott Dixon in 2012.
Bigger Smaller Bigger
In 2012, Nate Green published an ebook titled Bigger, Smaller, Bigger. The book details Green’s process to test extreme weight-manipulation strategies of MMA fighters and explore his own physical and psychological limits. Under the guidance of his coach John Berardi, Ph.D. and Martin Rooney, Green set out to gain as much muscle as possible in 28 days, lose it all in 5 days, and gain it all back in 24 hours. The project was successful, and Green ended up gaining 20.6 pounds in 28 days, losing 20.5 pounds in 5 days, and gaining 16.9 pounds back in 24 hours.
- Built for Show
- The Hero Handbook
- Bigger, Smaller, Bigger
- Experiments in Intermittent Fasting
- "Built For Show Amazon Page". Amazon.com.
- "Meet the PN Team". Precisionnutrition.com.
- Green, Nate (October 16, 2012). "The 6 Rules of Gaining Muscle Mass". Livestrong.com.
- "Ticker Training". Men's Health. September 12, 2007.
- Nate Green (September 12, 2007). "3 Tips for Increasing Your Vertical Jump". Men's Fitness.
- Nate Green (May 11, 2013). "How to Gain 20 Pounds in 28 Days: The Extreme Muscle Building Secrets of UFC Fighters". Four Hour Workweek.
- Schuler, Lou (September 19, 2012). "Want My Job? Here's How to Get It". Lou Schuler's Blog.
- "T-Nation Author Page". T-Nation.com.
- "The Four Hour Body, Page 551. Acknowledgments". books.google.com.
- "Built For Show Book Page". Penguin.com.
- Berardi, Dr. John (June 7, 2013). "I Sing The Body Hypoxic". Huffington Post.