Irving with the Broncos in August 2011
|No. 56 Indianapolis Colts|
|Date of birth:||July 12, 1988|
|Place of birth:||Newark, New Jersey|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||253 lb (115 kg)|
|High school:||Teachey (NC) Wallace-Rose Hill|
|College:||North Carolina State|
|NFL draft:||2011 / Round: 3 / Pick: 67|
|Roster status:||Injured reserve|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015|
Nathaniel Irving (born July 12, 1988) is an American football inside linebacker for the Indianapolis Colts of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at North Carolina State University and was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the third round of the 2011 NFL Draft.
Irving attended Wallace-Rose Hill High School in Teachey, North Carolina, where he tallied 110 tackles, six forced fumbles, three sacks and one interception in his senior year. Regarded as only a two-star recruit by Rivals.com, he was not listed among the top prospects of the class of 2006.
Denver Broncos (2011–2014)
Irving was placed on injured reserve in November 2014 with a knee injury that required surgery. He had 44 tackles through 8 games prior to the injury. Irving became a free agent at the end of the 2014 season.
Indianapolis Colts (2015–present)
- "Nate Irving Recruiting Profile". Rivals.com.
- "Scout.com 2010 All-America Team". Scout.com. December 1, 2010.
- "Cam Newton, Nick Fairley headline SI.com's 2010 All-Americas". Sports Illustrated. December 14, 2010.
- "Broncos Sign Last Of Draft Picks". denver.cbslocal.com. July 29, 2011. Retrieved March 16, 2015.
- Alper, Josh (February 22, 2015). "Report: Teams interested in Nate Irving despite knee injury". profootballtalk.nbcsports.com. Retrieved March 16, 2015.
- Patra, Kevin (March 20, 2015). "Indianapolis Colts agree to terms with ILB Nate Irving". NFL.com. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- "Colts put veteran linebacker Nate Irving on injured reserve". Retrieved 2015-12-28.