Stupar with the Atlanta Falcons
|No. 57 – New York Giants|
|Born:||March 14, 1988|
State College, Pennsylvania
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||240 lb (109 kg)|
|High school:||State College Area|
(State College, Pennsylvania)
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 7 / Pick: 230|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
Stephen Nathan Stupar (born March 14, 1988) is an American football linebacker for the New York Giants of the National Football League (NFL). Stupar was drafted by the Oakland Raiders in the seventh round (230th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft. He played college football for Penn State.
A native of State College, Pennsylvania, Stupar played at Penn State, where he appeared in 52 games (16 starts) and registered 205 tackles, five sacks, four interceptions, two fumble recoveries, one forced fumble and 12 passes defensed, in his career.
Stupar was drafted in the 7th round of the 2012 NFL Draft. He later signed to the team’s practice squad following training camp and later released on September 12, 2012.
Stupar then signed with the Philadelphia Eagles practice squad on November 19, 2012, and spent the remainder of the regular season with the Eagles.
San Francisco 49ers
He was signed to the practice squad of the San Francisco 49ers on January 8, 2013. Stupar was released by the 49ers on November 2, 2013.
On November 4, 2013, the Jacksonville Jaguars were awarded Stupar on waivers.
On August 30, 2014, he was released on the final cuts. He had led the Jaguars in tackles during the preseason but was cut in lieu of J. T. Thomas, who is more multi-dimensional and able to play both special teams and all three linebacker positions.
On March 3, 2015, Stupar signed a one-year contract extension with the Falcons.
New Orleans Saints
On October 17, 2017, Stupar was placed on injured reserve after tearing his ACL in Week 6.
On September 3, 2018, Stupar was released by the Saints.
New York Giants
On September 5, 2018, Stupar signed with the New York Giants.
On March 20, 2019, Stupar re-signed with the Giants.
- "LB Nate Stupar claimed, Tim Dobbins released as practice squad takes shape". AJC.com.
- "Stupar looking to carve out a niche with Falcons". AJC.com.
- Adams, Jay (March 3, 2015). "Falcons Sign LB Stupar To Extension". AtlantaFalcons.com. Retrieved June 17, 2017.
- "New Orleans Saints re-sign QB Luke McCown, sign LB Nate Stupar". NewOrleansSaints.com. March 16, 2016. Retrieved June 17, 2017.
- Underhill, Nick (October 16, 2017). "Saints linebacker Nate Stupar out for season after suffering torn ACL". TheAdvocate.com.
- "New Orleans Saints cut linebacker Nate Stupar". NOLA.com. September 3, 2018.
- Eisen, Michael (September 5, 2018). "Giants sign LB Nate Stupar, waive RB Robert Martin". Giants.com.
- Alper, Josh (March 20, 2019). "Giants re-sign Nate Stupar". Pro Football Talk. NBC Sports.