|Born||Nathan James Barnatt
February 2, 1981
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Occupation||Actor, comedian, dancer, filmmaker, stunt performer, musician|
|Height||6 ft (183 cm)|
Nathan James Barnatt (born February 2, 1981) is an American actor, comedian, dancer, and filmmaker.
While in attendance at Medway High School in the late 90s, Barnatt starred on local television for the sketch comedy show "Sweet Ride".
Barnatt appeared on Comedy Central's The Gong Show with Dave Attell in 2008, on Comedy Central's Ghosts/Aliens pilot in 2009, and on This Show Will Get You High in 2010. In 2012, Barnatt developed a show with Adult Swim based on his Keith Apicary character called Youth Large. The Youth Large pilot was written by Barnatt, his brother Seth, and Paul Cummings (who is also the director). However, Adult Swim passed on the pilot but it was released online on August 2014. Since Barnatt has sold shows to television networks Nickelodeon, Amazon, Comedy Central, Fox and Viceland.
Barnatt is a performer at the Upright Citizens Brigade theater in Hollywood California. He is also an amateur dancer, as displayed in his videos including a Kimberly Cole audition session. Because of his dancing and physical comedy skills, he was set to be the lead dancing clown for Michael Jackson's cancelled This Is It concerts before dropping out to work on a Comedy Central pilot.
His popularity in the Kimberly Cole audition video has led him to appear in the music video for Kimberly Cole's "U Make Me Wanna" in his Keith Apicary character. Barnatt also appeared in character in a music video for "Let It Roll" by Flo Rida. He appears in character in the music video for "Freestyle" by country music group Lady Antebellum.
In 2012, Barnatt was featured on the front cover of LA Weekly magazine, covering his success on YouTube. In 2013, Barnatt provided voice work on the Animation Domination show High School USA! as one of the main characters, Lamort Blackstein.
In June 2016, Barnatt appeared as a guest on the Let's Play webseries Game Grumps. And on November 2016, Barnatt appeared in an episode of James & Mike Mondays, alongside his good friend James Rolfe, whom he worked with on Rolfe's 2014 film Angry Video Game Nerd: The Movie. On December 20, 2016 he again appeared as his character Keith Apicary in a Christmas episode of the Angry Video Game Nerd episode where he dresses up as Will Ferrel's Elf in order to secure Santa's gifts, and he and the Nerd play a variety of games with different Sega Genesis accessories while destroying the set in a slapstick fashion.
Keith Apicary discography
- Neo Geo: Four Bright Buttons and Two Joysticks (a.k.a. Neo Geo or Four Bright Buttons and Two Joysticks)
- Classic Gaming Wiz
- Sonic the Hedgesong
- Virtual Boy Song
- Dreamcast 2 (first excerpt featured in the Talking Classics episode "Keith Dreams of Dreamcast")
- Say Gah
- Keith of Rage
- Hoke Hogan
- Koopa Bounce
- Keith Apicary is Not Tough Enough?
|2010||Scream Queens||Nerdy Stripper / Mime||2 episodes|
|2011||Happy Endings||Roger||Episode: "Mein Coming Out"|
|Auction Hunters||Ms. Pac-Man expert||Episode: "Labor of Love"|
|Community||Basketball player||Episode: "Documentary Filmmaking: Redux"|
|2012||Animation Domination High-Def||Keith Apicary||Episode: "Obama Fire Sale" (voice)|
|2013||Axe Cop||Episode: "Ask Axe Cop: President" (voice)|
|2013-2015||High School USA!||Lamort Blackstein||Main cast (voice)|
|2015||Documentary Now!||Sign Spinner||Episode: "The Eye Doesn't Lie"|
|2016||Party Over Here||Various||Episode: "Suffragettes"|
|Time Traveling Bong||Clyde||Episode: "Chapter 2: The Middle"|
|Swedish Dicks||Bob||Episode: "Episode 4"|
|2016-present||Adam Ruins Everything||Various||5 episodes|
|2017||Making History||Cameraman||Episode: "The Godfriender"|
|Lucifer||Buster||Episode: "My Brother's Keeper"|
|2018||New Warriors||Tased Man||Pilot|
|2012||"Let It Roll (Keith Apicary video)"||Himself||Flo Rida|
|2015||"Sugar"||Cop||Robin Schulz ft. Francesco Yates|
|2016||"Ici & Maintenant"||Yelle|
- Alimurung, Gendy (June 27, 2012). "Nathan Barnatt Never Grew Up". LA Weekly.
- "Kimberly Cole Music Video Audition". Retrieved 5 January 2014.
- YouTube Archived July 24, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- The Warner Sound (20 June 2012). "Flo Rida - Let It Roll (Keith Apicary video)" – via YouTube.
- "Lady Antebellum Release Free-Spirited Video for 'Freestyle'". Taste of Country.
- Alimurung, Gendy (July 10, 2012). "Nathan Barnatt Made a Video About Being on the Cover of L.A. Weekly". LA Weekly.
- "Madeon - Pop Culture (Dance Video)".
- GameGrumps (4 June 2016). "WWF WrestleMania - Grumpcade (Ft. Nathan Barnatt)" – via YouTube.
- Cinemassacre (7 November 2016). "WWF Super WrestleMania (Sega Genesis) James & Mike Mondays" – via YouTube.
- Rodriguez, Krystal (2016-12-23). "YELLE's New "Ici & Maintenant (Here & Now)" Video is About Seizing the Moment". Vice. Retrieved 2017-11-06.