||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Carter at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall in September 2014
|Birth name||Nathan Kane Tyrone Carter|
28 May 1990 |
|Genres||Country, Country and Irish Country Pop|
|Instruments||Vocals, accordion, guitar, piano|
|Labels||Sharpe Music (2002-2014)
Nathan Kane Tyrone Carter (born 28 May 1990) is a country singer signed to Decca Records since 2014. Prior to signing with Decca, Nathan was an independent artist with his music distributed by Sharpe Music. Irish media nominates him as one of the biggest stars of the genre of music known as Country and Irish, a special genre of "country with Celtic influences".
As of November 2015 Carter has released 7 studio albums, 3 live albums and 3 live DVDs.
Nathan is a very dedicated Protestant and regularly attends church.
Nathan was born in Liverpool to parents originating from Newry. He went to Bishop Eton School in Allerton, Liverpool playing the accordion at age 4 in the school concert and at age 10, he won the title for All Ireland Title for Traditional Singing. At 18 he moved from Liverpool to live in Ireland.
His debut album, Starting Out, was released in 2007 and from then on he has been known for reviving the genre of Country and Irish in both Ireland and Great Britain. In 2009 he associated with Irish singer songwriter John Farry further developed his country music output.
His version of "Wagon Wheel" that launched him to stardom was released on 15 June 2012 and also appears in the similarly titled album Wagon Wheel also released in 2012. The album was a commercial success for him making it to the Top 3 in the Irish Album Chart. Carter won a MOBO Award for Best Single in 2016 for "Wagon Wheel".
Carter released his studio album Where I Wanna Be in August 2013, followed by the follow-up Beautiful Life in 2015 with active promotion in the United Kingdom accompanied by UK tour. Both albums have topped the Irish Albums Chart. Beautiful Life became the first of his albums to chart on the UK Albums Chart.
In late 2015, Carter released Beautiful Life At Christmas, a reissue of his previous releases Beautiful Life and Christmas Stuff, as well as some songs from previous releases repackaged as a 2-CD album. This has so far peaked at number 5 on the Irish charts.
Over the years there has been much speculation about Nathan and fellow country singer Lisa McHugh. In a Twitter Q&A session for The Impartial Reporter in May 2012 Nathan was asked by Blondiesharks (@blondiesharks) if the rumours romantically linking him and country singer Lisa McHugh were true. Nathan tweeted: "Lisa and I have known each other for years and are great friends." Nathan is currently single, however recently stated that he is always looking for love.
In 2013, Nathan appeared in episode 9  of Ros na Rún on Irish TV channel TG4. In the episode Dara wants Sarah to help him with the Nathan Carter tribute night. John Joe says he can organise Nathan himself to attend, after much doubt, John Joe proves that he was telling the truth all along about knowing Nathan. Himself and Nathan walk into Gaudis, where Nathan performs.
Nathan was feature in episode 3 of Stetsons and Stilettos with the film crew spending two weeks on the road with him. The episode shows Nathan preparing for his at the Marquee in Cork.
In December 2015, Nathan hosted The Nathan Carter Show in The Mansion House, Dublin with guests including Paddy Casey, Mary Black and The Shires.
- Studio albums
- Starting Out (2007)
- The Way You Love Me (2010)
- Time of My Life (2011)
- Wagon Wheel (2012)
- Where I Wanna Be (2013)
- Christmas Stuff (2014)
- Beautiful Life (2015)
- Stayin' Up All Night (2016)
- Livin' the Dream (2017)
- Live albums
The Live Show
The Wagon Wheel Live Show
Live at the Marquee
- 2012: Opry an Iúir as featured artist
- 2013: Ros na Rún (1 episode)
- 2014: Glór Tíre (mentoring Niamh McGlinchey)
- 2014: Stetsons and Stilettos (1 episode)
- 2015: The Nathan Carter Show
- "Nathan Carter - England & Wales Births 1837-2006  - Genes Reunited". www.genesreunited.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-11-17.
- "MR NATHAN KANE TYRONE CARTER director information. Free director information". Company Check. Retrieved 2015-11-17.
- "Nathan signs Worldwide Record Deal with Decca Records".
- James Martin (11 October 2016). "Nathan Carter on becoming a Liverpool-Irish country music star". The irish Post. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- "Nathan Carter the Superstar of Country Music talks to Seamus on Country Time With Qiunn". WorldIrish. 10 February 2013. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- "Where I Wanna Be". Nathancartermusic.com. 3 August 2013. Retrieved 7 March 2014.
- "Irish Charts, Week 49, Week ending 4 Dec 2015". 4 December 2015. Retrieved 21 December 2015.
- "From Down Under to down the road, Nathan tweets to all his Fermanagh fans". Impartial Reporter. Retrieved 2015-11-18.
- "Nathan Carter on looking for love and the shock at outselling One Direction - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk". BelfastTelegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-11-18.
- "Nathan Carter: I would love to meet the right woman one day". Irish Independent. 6 November 2016. Retrieved 8 November 2016.
- "Nathan Carter 'Home to Donegal', Episode 3, Series 2, Opry an Iúir - BBC Two". BBC. Retrieved 2015-11-17.
- "Episode 3, Series 1, Opry an Iúir - BBC ALBA". BBC. Retrieved 2015-11-17.
- "Ros na Rún, Sobal Dráma/Soap TG4". www.rosnarun.com. Retrieved 2015-11-17.
- "TG4 Glor Tire 2014". www.nathancartermusic.com. Retrieved 2015-11-17.
- "Thank you to our patron Nathan Carter... - Cancer Connect NI | Facebook". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2015-11-18.
- "The Live Show DVD". www.nathancartermusic.com. Retrieved 2015-11-17.
- "The Wagon Wheel Show Live CD". www.nathancartermusic.com. Retrieved 2015-11-17.
- "Nathan Carter Live at the Marquee DVD". www.nathancartermusic.com. Retrieved 2015-11-17.