This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Carter at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall in September 2014
|Birth name||Nathan Kane Tyrone Carter|
|Born||28 May 1990|
|Genres||Country, Country and Irish, country pop|
|Instruments||Vocals, accordion, guitar, piano|
|Labels||Sharpe Music (2002-2014)|
Nathan Kane Tyrone Carter (born 28 May 1990) is a country singer signed to Decca Records since 2014. Prior to signing with Decca, Nathan was an independent artist with his music distributed by Sharpe Music. Irish media nominates him as one of the biggest stars of the genre of music known as Country and Irish, a special genre of "country with Celtic influences".
As of December 2017, Carter has released 9 studio albums, 4 live albums and 4 live DVDs.
Carter was born in Liverpool to parents originating from Newry, Northern Ireland. He went to Bishop Eton School in Allerton, Liverpool playing the accordion at age 4 in the school concert and at age 10, he won the title for All Ireland Title for Traditional Singing. At 18 he moved from Liverpool to live in Ireland.
His debut album, Starting Out, was released in 2007 and from then on he has been known for reviving the genre of Country and Irish in both Ireland and Great Britain. In 2009 he associated with Irish singer songwriter John Farry further developed his country music output.
His version of "Wagon Wheel" that launched him to stardom was released on 15 June 2012 and also appears in the similarly titled album Wagon Wheel also released in 2012. The album was a commercial success for him making it to the Top 3 in the Irish Album Chart. Carter won the RTÉ Irish Country Music Awards for Best Single in 2016 for "Wagon Wheel".
Carter released his studio album Where I Wanna Be in August 2013, followed by the follow-up Beautiful Life in 2015 with active promotion in the United Kingdom accompanied by UK tour. Both albums have topped the Irish Albums Chart. Beautiful Life became the first of his albums to chart on the UK Albums Chart.
In late 2015, Carter released Beautiful Life At Christmas, a reissue of his previous releases Beautiful Life and Christmas Stuff, as well as some songs from previous releases repackaged as a 2-CD album. This has so far peaked at number 5 on the Irish charts.
In 2013, Nathan appeared in episode 9  of Ros na Rún on Irish TV channel TG4. In the episode Dara wants Sarah to help him with the Nathan Carter tribute night. John Joe says he can organise Nathan himself to attend, after much doubt, John Joe proves that he was telling the truth all along about knowing Nathan. Himself and Nathan walk into Gaudis, where Nathan performs.
Nathan was featured in episode 3 of Stetsons and Stilettos with the film crew spending two weeks on the road with him. The episode shows Nathan preparing for his at the Marquee in Cork.
In December 2015, Nathan hosted The Nathan Carter Show in The Mansion House, Dublin with guests including Paddy Casey, Mary Black and The Shires.
On 17 September 2017, Nathan premiered his first American PBS Special. The one and a half hour program, filmed in Dublin, Ireland, promoted his American Tour. The program spotlighted Celtic classics, standards, American Country and self written hit songs. It was titled Celtic Roots with Nathan.
Nathan was born to Ian and Noreen Carter. Nathan's younger brother, Jake, is also a singer who has had success in his own right in the UK and Ireland's country music charts. He also has a sister, Kiara Carter.
Over the years there has been much speculation about Nathan and fellow country singer Lisa McHugh. In his 2018 book Born For The Road: My Story So Far, Nathan talks about the first time he met McHugh and instantly fancied her. They briefly had a relationship, but that ended six months later because neither of them was looking for anything serious.
- Starting Out (2007)
- The Way You Love Me (2010)
- Time of My Life (2011)
- Wagon Wheel (2012)
- Where I Wanna Be (2013)
- Christmas Stuff (2014)
- Beautiful Life (2015)
- Stayin' Up All Night (2016)
- Livin' the Dream (2017)
- Born for the Road (2018)
The Live Show
The Wagon Wheel Live Show
Live at the Marquee
- 2012: Opry an Iúir as featured artist
- 2013: Ros na Rún (1 episode)
- 2014: Glór Tíre (mentoring Niamh McGlinchey)
- 2014: Stetsons and Stilettos (1 episode)
- 2015: The Nathan Carter Show
- 2018: Livin' with Lucy
- Nathan Carter, Born for the Road: My Story So Far, Penguin Ireland.
- "Mr. Nathan Kane Tyrone Carter director information. Free director information". Company Check. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- "Nathan signs Worldwide Record Deal with Decca Records".
- James Martin (11 October 2016). "Nathan Carter on becoming a Liverpool-Irish country music star". The Irish Post. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- "Nathan Carter the Superstar of Country Music talks to Seamus on Country Time With Qiunn". WorldIrish. 10 February 2013. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- "Where I Wanna Be". Nathancartermusic.com. 3 August 2013. Retrieved 7 March 2014.
- "Nathan Carter 'Home to Donegal', Episode 3, Series 2, Opry an Iúir - BBC Two". BBC. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- "Episode 3, Series 1, Opry an Iúir - BBC ALBA". BBC. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- "Ros na Rún, Sobal Dráma/Soap TG4". www.rosnarun.com. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- "TG4 Glor Tire 2014". www.nathancartermusic.com. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- Kathy Donaghy (8 October 2018). "'You couldn't have an ego because they'd quickly destroy it' - Nathan Carter talks criticism, his career and his search for love". Irish Independent. Retrieved 8 October 2018.
- Coleman, Maureen (12 December 2017). "Jake Carter reveals who he turns to for advice ahead of big acting debut". belfastlive. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- "Nathan Carter on looking for love and the shock at outselling One Direction - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk". BelfastTelegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- "Nathan Carter: I would love to meet the right woman one day". Irish Independent. 6 November 2016. Retrieved 8 November 2016.
- "Thank you to our patron Nathan Carter... - Cancer Connect NI | Facebook". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- "The Live Show DVD". www.nathancartermusic.com. Archived from the original on 18 November 2015. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- "The Wagon Wheel Show Live CD". www.nathancartermusic.com. Archived from the original on 12 September 2015. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- "Nathan Carter Live at the Marquee DVD". www.nathancartermusic.com. Archived from the original on 18 November 2015. Retrieved 17 November 2015.