||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009)|
|Born||Nathan Luke West
September 29, 1978
Anchorage, Alaska, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Chyler Leigh (2002–present)|
Noah Wilde West
Taelyn Leigh WestAnniston Kae West
Nathan Luke West (born September 29, 1978) is an American actor and musician.
From major films to classic independent projects, Nathan West’s career has highlighted his strengths as an actor and producer. With roles in such films as Disney’s Miracle and the award winning independent feature Alleged, he not only proved his strength as an actor but his eye for culture. And as a producer, his projects including IFC’s Brake, demonstrate the depth of his skill for a future forward vision in entertainment.
Now, having achieved over 10 years in the industry, West is taking on the recording studio, releasing his debut EP "Nothing Ordinary" with his band East of Eli, in anticipation of his upcoming production of the independent feature Into the Mystic.
When West was not captivating audiences, in roles such as Jan in Bring It On, he was growing his musical skills as an instrumentalist and singer/song writer. A lover of many genres, West, draws his musical inspiration from the likes of such greats as Van Morrison, Bob Dylan and Otis Redding.
He also makes music with his wife, calling themselves "Westleigh": a fan-bestowed twitter ship name. They have done covers and wrote an original song called "Love lit the sky".
While at an auditioning for a couple on the show Saving Graces, West met Chyler Leigh. They have worked on many projects with each other after that, usually portraying couples, including Seventh Heaven and Safe Harbor. When on the set of Not Another Teen Movie, Nathan proposed to Chyler. The couple married, and have three children: Noah Wilde West, Taelyn Leigh West (born September 2006), and Anniston Kae West(born May 7, 2009). Leigh has said that she and Nathan have a pact in which the person who guesses the baby's sex correctly gets to choose the name. When pregnant with Noah, Leigh guessed she was having a boy so she chose the first name and Nathan gave him his middle name. For Taelyn, Nathan correctly guessed it was a girl, so he named her. Their third child, also a girl, was guessed correctly by West.
- D2: The Mighty Ducks (1994) as Iceland Goalie
- The Adventures of A.R.K. (1998) as Sam
- The Practice (1998) as James Parrish
- Chicago Hope (1999) as Robert Devaney
- ER (1999) as Justin Casey
- Safe Harbor (1999) as Tommy Bullock
- Saving Graces (1999) as Brendan
- Smart Guy (1999) as Paul
- 7th Heaven (2000) as Johnny
- Bring It On (2000) as Jan
- Get Real (2000) as Carter
- Not Another Teen Movie (2001) as Actor
- Boomtown (2002) as Zack Berman
- Glory Days (2002) as Conrad Jarrett
- Home Room (2002) as James
- That '80s Show (2002) as Wray Thorn
- The Skulls II (2002) as Parker Neal
- Septuplets (2002) as Jackson Wilde
- From Hockey to Hollywood: Actors' Journeys (2004) as Himself
- Miracle (2004) as Rob McClanahan
- The Making of "Miracle" (2004) as Himself
- The Sharon Osbourne Show (2004) as Himself
- Forever Strong (2007) as Quetin
- Bones (2009) as Ed Fralic
- Grey's Anatomy (2009)
- Mahoney, Cory. "‘Bring It On': Where Are They Now?". Hollywood.com. Retrieved August 12, 2015.
- "About | East Of Eli". www.eastofeli.com. Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- "Modern Machine - Photos from Modern Machine's post | Facebook". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2015-08-12.
- Ingrassia, Lisa (July 12, 2007). "Grey's Anatomy Cast 'Happy to Be Back' - Grey's Anatomy". People.
- Ingrassia, Lisa (May 7, 2009). "Grey's Anatomy's Chyler Leigh Welcomes a Baby Girl". People
- "Grey's Anatomy's Chyler Leigh Expecting Baby No. 3". People. December 29, 2008
- "Grey's Anatomy Star Naming Baby 'Aniston'", Us Weekly, February 7, 2009
- Marsi, Steve (September 24, 2007). "Addiction to Fulfillment: An Interview With Chyler Leigh". TV Fanatic
- Ingrassia, Lisa (November 10, 2008). "Grey's Anatomy Star: At Long Last, Love". People. Vol. 70 No. 19