|Born||1978 (age 41–42)|
Nathaniel Bassey is the brain behind the #HallelujahChallenge, where he worships God for an hour, from 12:00 am to 1:00 am. He streams this event on his Instagram page and invites others to join him. In less than a month, the event had over 600,000 views. The #HallelujahChallenge for 2020 is being held from 4 to 24 February.
Bassey started his musical career in the church where he joined the Rhodes Orchestra and he played the Trumpet for two years. Bassey was just an ordinary trumpeter until he composed a song at the visit to Stella Obasanjo, the late wife of former president Olusegun Obasanjo. In 2018, Bassey was one of the leading artiste in the Nigeria's Christian gathering, The Experience.
- "Nathaniel Bassey Teaches Gospel Singers Saving Culture". P.M News. 24 November 2018.
- "Nathaniel Bassey: A blessing in our time". The Nation. 3 October 2018.
- "Nathaniel Bassey Announces Date For 2019 #HalleluyahChallenge". P.M. News. 2 February 2019.
- Published. "Criticisms made Hallelujah Challenge bigger –Nathaniel Bassey". Punch Nigeria.
- Published. "Kirk Franklin, Travis Greene, Tope Alabi, others to headline The Experience 2018". Punch Nigeria.
|This article about a Nigerian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|