Nathaniel N. Whiting
Nathaniel N. Whiting (June 19, 1792 – June 18, 1872) was a Baptist Preacher in New York. He was a professor of Biblical Languages at Lexington College and worked on Bible translation. He supported the work of William Miller, but shied away from fixing a particular date for Christ's return. For a time he was editor of The Williamsburg Daily Gazette. It is said that he was the first man who ever reported a sermon for a newspaper.
- The Good News of Our Lord Jesus, the Anointed, from the Critical Greek of Tittmann (1849)
- Origin, Nature, and Influence of Neology
- Paul, William E. (2003). English language Bible translators. McFarland & Company. p. 250. ISBN 978-0-7864-1425-3.
- Rowe, David L. (2008). God's strange work: William Miller and the end of the world. Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing. p. 192. ISBN 978-0-8028-0380-1.
- Stiles, Henry Reed (1870). A history of the city of Brooklyn, Volume 3. p. 933. OCLC 445742996.
- Halsey, Lewis (1879). History of the Seneca Baptist Association. Ithaca, NY: Journal Association and Job Printing House. p. 259.