Reed in 2000
|Birth name||Natina Tiawana Reed|
October 28, 1980|
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Died||October 26, 2012 (aged 31)
Duluth, Georgia, U.S.
|Genres||R&B, hip hop, pop|
|Occupation(s)||Rapper, singer-songwriter, Dancer, Actress, Beatboxer|
|Labels||Elektra Records, WMG|
|Associated acts||Blaque, Lisa Lopes, Kurupt|
Natina Tiawana Reed (October 28, 1980 – October 26, 2012) was an American rapper, singer-songwriter, dancer, actress, beatboxer and a member of the R&B trio Blaque. On most of Blaque's songs, Reed is featured as a rapper or ad-libber. Reed was a protégée of late rapper Lisa Lopes.
In 2001, Reed was engaged to rapper Kurupt. In February 2002, she gave birth to their son Tren Emmanuel Brown after the group was dropped from their label. Natina and Kurupt were separated at the time of her death. Reed's cousin is former Destiny's Child member Farrah Franklin.
Reed's sister, Niesha Stevens, died 10 months after Reed's death.
Reed died on October 26, 2012, two days shy of her 32nd birthday, in a road accident. She was struck while talking on the phone in Lawrenceville, Georgia, on U.S. Highway 29 (near Hamilton Road) while crossing the street. CPR was performed on Reed, however, she was pronounced dead on arrival at Gwinnett Medical Center in Duluth, Georgia.
According to Gwinnett County police, no charges are expected against the driver who accidentally struck Reed with his automobile. A preliminary investigation indicates that Reed was in the roadway when she was struck and the vehicle's driver and a passenger were the only witnesses to the collision. Natina Reed is buried in North Atlanta Memorial Park and Chapel Mausoleum in Doraville, Georgia.
|2001||"It's Over" with Kurupt||Space Boogie: Smoke Oddessey|
|2000||Bring It On||Jenelope|
Music video cameo appearances
|2001||"Welcome To Atlanta"||Ludacris|
- "R&B singer Natina Reed killed by car". BBC News. October 28, 2012. Retrieved July 15, 2015.
- Kissell, Ted B. (October 27, 2012). "Natina Reed, Musician & Star of Bring It On, Dead at 32". E! Entertainment Television, LLC. Retrieved October 27, 2012.
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Obituaries from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution 30 October 2012
- Dinh, James (October 27, 2012). "Blaque's Natina Reed Killed In Hit-And-Run At Age 32". MTV. Retrieved October 27, 2012.
- Natina Reed Of R&B Group Blaque Dead At 31 from theurbandaily.com, October 27, 2012
- "Niesha Stevens, Sister of Natina Reed of Blaque, Found Dead Less Than A Year of Famed Sister's Death" from "http://sandrarose.com", August 9, 2013
- Natina Reed: Parents seek answers as they plan R&B singer’s funeral
- Natina Reed, 32, singer in R&B group Blaque
- Singer and 'Bring It On' actress Natina Reed dies at 32
- "R&B singer hit and killed by car in Gwinnett". October 27, 2012.
- Bring It On star Natina Reed was living in motel at time of her tragic death in car accident