National Academy of Performing Arts
|Type||Public art school|
The National Academy of Performing Arts (Urdu: قومی اکادمی براۓ فنونِ موسیقی و بازیگری; abbreviated as NAPA) is a performing arts school located at Hindu Gymkhana in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. NAPA was established in 2005 as an institution to conserve and teach performing arts and music.
- At NAPA, the students of music derive benefit from being taught by a faculty consisting of practicing musicians, musicologists and visiting maestros. They will also have the opportunity to enrich their repertoire of compositions and styles by tutelage under many teachers.
- Theatres Arts
- The Theatre Arts department will offer students academic courses in all aspects of the theatre as well as practical exploration and the opportunity to present their work before an audience.
- Make up
- NAPA has also introduced lessons in Make up.
Zia Mohyeddin is the current Chairman of NAPA. He was asked by Pervez Musharraf, then the President of Pakistan, to establish and lead a national institution for arts and music. Besides being the founder and chairman of NAPA, he has impeccable credentials. Trained at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, he has spent a lifetime dedicated to the theatre, films and television, appearing in many local and foreign productions. He has also performed in numerous Broadway and West End plays. He has also produced and directed extensively.
- Talat Hussain
- Head of Department Theatre Studies, curriculum consultant and founder of Napa Repertory Theatre Rahat Kazmi is the 
- Khalid Ahmed (acting teacher)
- Nafees Ahmad (sitar teacher)
- Bashir Khan (tabla teacher)
- Salamat Hussain (Flute Teacher)
- Arsalan Pareyal (Guitar Teacher)
- Shehzad Ghias Shaikh
- Ahsan Shabbir, 1st Batch Singer and composer
- Araslan Pareyal, 5th Batch guitarist and composer
- Saqib Khan 1st batch theater arts
- Fawad Khan 1st batch theater arts
- Faisal Malik 1st batch theater arts
- Ali Rizvi 1st batch theater arts
- Akbar Islam 1st batch theater arts
- Ather Abbas 1st batch theater arts
- Paras Masroor 1st batch theater arts
- Maria Rabab 1st batch theater arts
- Rabab Hashim 1st batch theater arts
- Kashif Farhad 1st batch theater arts
- Mohsin Ali Shah 1st batch theater arts
- Farhan Shah 1st batch theater arts
- Aiman Tariq 1st batch theater arts
- Uroosa Siddiqi 1st batch theater arts
- Late Mohammad Saim 1st batch theater arts
- Fiza Zehra 1st batch theater arts
- late Riaz 1st batch theater arts
- Zeeshan Haider Nalwala 1st batch theater arts
- Syed Meesam Nazar Naqvi 2nd batch theater arts
In December 2018, The Supreme Court of Pakistan had directed the Sindh government to shift NAPA to another location from this Hindu Gymkhana building but, as of 11 February 2020, compliance to this directive could not be made and NAPA was still functioning there.
- Haneen Rafi (6 February 2015). "NAPA celebrates 10th founding anniversary". Dawn (newspaper). Retrieved 7 February 2018.
- 5 reasons to attend NAPA International Theatre and Music Festival 2017 Dawn (newspaper), Published 15 March 2017, Retrieved 7 February 2018
- NAPA inaugurates new Basement Playhouse The Express Tribune (newspaper), Published 31 January 2017, Retrieved 7 February 2018
- NAPA music festival gets under way Dawn (newspaper), Updated 27 February 2015, Retrieved 7 February 2018
- Imdad Soomro (11 February 2020). "Sindh government willing to shift National Academy of Performing Arts". The News International (newspaper). Retrieved 17 August 2020.