National Accreditation Board (Ghana)
|Jurisdiction||Republic of Ghana|
|Parent agency||Ministry of Education (Ghana)|
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
The National Accreditation Board (NAB) of Ghana is the Government of Ghana agency responsible for the regulation, supervision and accreditation of tertiary institutions in Ghana. It is an agency under the Ministry of Education.
The board was formed in 1993. Its formation was promoted by the 1991 Government white paper on Reforms to the Tertiary Education System of Ghana. The recommendation stated that the Board be formed to:
- contribute to the furtherance of better management of tertiary education
- serve as the Quality Assurance body at the tertiary education level.
- Accredit both public and private (tertiary) institutions with regard to the contents and standards of their programmes.
- Determine, in consultation with the appropriate institution or body, the programme and requirements for the proper operation of that institution and the maintenance of acceptable levels of academic or professional standards
- Determine the equivalences of diplomas, certificates and other qualifications awarded by institutions in Ghana or elsewhere.
- Publish as it considers appropriate the list of accredited public and private institutions at the beginning of the calendar year.
- Advise the President on the grant of a Charter to a private tertiary institution.
- Perform any other functions determined by the Minister.
Accredited Public and Private Institutions
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- University of Education
- University for Development Studies
- University of Cape Coast
- University of Energy and Natural Resources
- University of Ghana
- University of Health and Allied Sciences
- Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration, GIMPA
- University of Mines and Technology
- University of Professional Studies
- Accra Institute of Technology
- Advanced Business College
- African University College of Communication
- All Nations University College
- Almond Institute
- Anglican University College of Technology
- Ashesi University College
- BlueCrest College
- Catholic Institute of Business and Technology
- Catholic University College of Ghana
- Central University College
- Christ Apostolic University College
- Christian Service University College
- Community College
- Data Link Institute
- Dominion University College
- Ensign College of Public Health
- Entrepreneurship Training Institute
- Regional Maritime University
- Evangelical Presbyterian University College
- Fountainhead Christian College
- Garden City University College
- Ghana Baptist University College
- Ghana Christian University College
- Ghana Technology University College
- Good News Theological Seminary
- Institute of Development and Technology Management
- Islamic University College
- Jayee University College
- Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design
- KAAF University College
- Kings University College
- Knutsford College
- Lancaster University, Ghana Campus
- Maranatha University College
- Marshalls College
- Meridian University College
- Methodist University College
- Millar Institute For Transdisciplinary and Development Studies
- Mountcrest University College
- Pan African Christian University College
- Pentecost University College
- Presbyterian University College
- Radford University College
- Regent University College of Science and Technology
- S S Peter and Paul Pastoral and Social Institute
- Spiritan University College
- St. Nicholas Seminary
- St. Margaret College
- University College of Agriculture and Environmental Studies
- University College of Management Studies
- University of Applied Management
- Webster University
- Akim State College (University College)
- West End University College
- Wisconsin International University College, Ghana
- Yeshua Institute of Technology
- Zenith University College
- Valley View University 
- "National Accreditation Board of Ghana". www.4icu.org. Retrieved 20 July 2011.
- "National Accreditation Board". www.nab.gov.gh. Retrieved 20 July 2011.
- "About Us". National Accreditation Board Ghana. Retrieved 2014-08-13.
- "Public Universities". National Accreditation Board Ghana. Retrieved 2014-08-13.
- http://nab.gov.gh/web3/distance-learning-institutions/239-university-of-applied-management. Missing or empty
- "Private Tertiary Institutions Offering Degree Prog". National Accreditation Board Ghana. Retrieved 2014-08-13.