National Agency of Drug and Food Control of Republic of Indonesia
|Badan Pengawas Obat dan Makanan|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Indonesia|
|Headquarters||Jl. Percetakan Negara No.23, Central Jakarta 10520, Indonesia|
The National Agency of Drug and Food Control of Republic of Indonesia or NADFC (Indonesian: Badan Pengawas Obat dan Makanan) or Badan POM is a government agency of Indonesia, BPOM is responsible for protecting public health through the control and supervision of prescription and over-the-counter pharmaceutical drugs (medications), vaccines, biopharmaceuticals, dietary supplements, food safety and cosmetics. Task and purposes of this agency is similar to USFDA.
Task and Function
Based on Article 68 of Presidential Decree No. 103 in 2001, NADFC has the following functions:
- Assessing and formulating national policies in the field of Drug and Food control.
- Implementing certain policies in the field of Drug and Food control.
- Coordinating functional activity in NADFC tasks implementation.
- Monitoring, mentoring and guiding government agencies activities in the field of Drug and Food control.
- Providing guidance and public administration in the field of general planning, administration, organization and management, personnel, finance, filing, coding, equipment and household
Based on Article 3 of Regulation Head of NADFC No. 14 In 2014, NADFC Technical Implementation Unit has the following functions:
- Drafting drug and food control plans and programs.
- Implementing laboratory examination, testing and assessing quality of therapeutic products, narcotics, psychotropic, addictive substances, traditional medicines, cosmetics, complementary products, food and hazardous substances.
- Implementing laboratory examination, testing and assessment of the microbiological quality of the product.
- Implementing local inspection, sampling and inspecting production facilities and distribution.
- Investigating crime cases in the field of Drug and Food control.
- Implementing certification of products, production and distribution facilities imposed by the Head of NADFC
- Implementing consumer information services.
- Evaluating and drafting Drug and Food testing report.
- Implementing administrative affairs.
- Implementing other duties in the respective field, set by the Head of NADFC.
- "Task and Function." Tugas dan Fungsi BPOM. Retrieved on 16 June 2017.
- National Agency of Drug and Food Control (in Indonesian)
|This article about an organization in Asia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|