National Agency of Drug and Food Control of Republic of Indonesia
|Badan Pengawas Obat dan Makanan|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Indonesia|
|Headquarters||Jl. Percetakan Negara No.23, Central Jakarta 10520, Indonesia|
The Indonesian Food and Drug Authority or Indonesian FDA (Indonesian: Badan Pengawas Obat dan Makanan) or Badan POM is a government agency of Indonesia, BPOM is responsible for protecting public health through the control and supervision of prescription and over-the-counter pharmaceutical drugs (medications), vaccines, biopharmaceuticals, dietary supplements, food safety, traditional medicine and cosmetics. Task and purposes of this agency is similar to USFDA.
Task and Function
Based on Article 68 of Presidential Decree No. 103 in 2001, Indonesian FDA has the following functions:
- Assessing and formulating national policies in the field of Food and Drug control.
- Implementing certain policies in the field of Food and Drug control.
- Coordinating functional activity in Indonesian FDA tasks implementation.
- Monitoring, mentoring and guiding government agencies activities in the field of Food and Drug control.
- Providing guidance and public administration in the field of general planning, administration, organization and management, personnel, finance, filing, coding, equipment and household
Based on Article 3 of Regulation Head of Indonesian FDA No. 14 In 2014, Indonesian FDA Technical Implementation Unit has the following functions:
- Drafting Food and Drug control plans and programs.
- Implementing laboratory examination, testing and assessing quality of therapeutic products, narcotics, psychotropic, addictive substances, traditional medicines, cosmetics, complementary products, food and hazardous substances.
- Implementing laboratory examination, testing and assessment of the microbiological quality of the product.
- Implementing local inspection, sampling and inspecting production facilities and distribution.
- Investigating crime cases in the field of Food and Drug control.
- Implementing certification of products, production and distribution facilities imposed by the Head of Indonesian FDA
- Implementing consumer information services.
- Evaluating and drafting Food and Drug testing report.
- Implementing administrative affairs.
- Implementing other duties in the respective field, set by the Head of Indonesian FDA.
- "Task and Function." Tugas dan Fungsi BPOM. Retrieved on 16 June 2017.
- Indonesian Food and Drug Authority (in English)
|This article about an organization in Asia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|