National Air Duct Cleaners Association
|Founded at||Kansas City, Missouri|
|Headquarters||Mount Laurel, NJ|
The National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) is a non-profit organization committed to publishing standards for safety, evaluation, and cleaning of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) ducts. They also offer several certifications for HVAC companies and professionals, as well as maintain an anti-fraud task force.
Founded to promote the source removal method of duct cleaning and the establishment of industry standards, the NADCA currently offers training courses, publishes standards, provides professional resources, maintains an HVAC professional locator tool, and more.
The NADCA first published a standard, “Standard 1992-01, Mechanical Cleaning of Non-Porous Air Conveyance System Components,” in 1992. They currently publish “Standard for the Assessment, Cleaning, and Restoration of HVAC Systems,” called ACR: the NADCA Standard. The ACR provides guidelines for assessing HVAC systems, evaluating cleanliness, preventing hazards, cleaning methods, and cleaning equipment.
Presently, the members of the NADCA are over 1,300 HVAC cleaning member companies with one or more certified ASCS technicians.
In 2013 NADCA decided to combine the ASCS and VSMR certifications into one certification, the ASCS. The present ASCS course has been revised to include the necessary VSMR training.
The ASCS and CVI programs are currently being offered.
NADCA offers a variety of resources for industry professionals looking for industry standards, white papers, videos, cleaning equipment and more.
- ACR the NADCA Standard, The Standard for the Assessment, Cleaning and Restoration of HVAC Systems
- NADCA DEDP Standard, The Dryer Exhaust Duct Performance (DEDP) Standard
- NADCA General Specification in CSI 3-Part Format
- NADCA Dryer Exhaust Duct Performance Standard (DEDP) Video
- NADCA's Ventilation Maintenance Technician
- NADCA Cleanliness Verification
- NADCA Vacuum Test
- "Angie's List: How to Avoid Air Duct Scams" | Fox40.com
- "Hidden Camera Investigation Reveals Technician Charging $700 For Easy Air Vent Fix". Inside Edition. Retrieved 2016-01-18.
- "DOHS Fact Sheet on HVAC Duct Cleaning" (PDF). National Institutes of Health. Office of Research Services (ORS). 2015-05-14. Retrieved 2016-01-18.
- "History of NADCA | NADCA". nadca.com. Retrieved 2016-01-18.
- "Duct-cleaning Services Require a Contracting Commitment". www.achrnews.com. Retrieved 2016-01-18.