National Airports System
Canada's National Airport System (NAS) was defined in the National Airports Policy published in 1994. It was intended to include all airports with an annual traffic of 200,000 passengers or more, as well as airports serving the national, provincial and territorial capitals.
As of 1994, the 26 NAS airports served 94% of all scheduled passenger and cargo traffic in Canada.
- British Columbia
- Regina International Airport, YQR, 1,107,427
- Saskatoon John G. Diefenbaker International Airport, YXE, 1,214,704
- Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport, YWG, 3,383,882
- Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport, YUL, 13,228,564
- Montréal-Mirabel International Airport, YMX, n/a <200,000
- Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport, YQB, 1,343,021
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador