National Anti-Corruption Authority (Italy)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Autorità Nazionale AntiCorruzione|
Headquarters in Rome
The Italian National Anti-Corruption Authority (Italian: Autorità Nazionale AntiCorruzione) is an Italian independent administrative authority tasked with combating corruption in the country.
The ANAC was established by the Italian Anti-Corruption Law of 2012, which gave the Independent Commission for the Evaluation, Transparency and Integrity of Government (Commissione indipendente per la valutazione, la trasparenza e l'integrità delle amministrazioni pubbliche, CIVIT) National Anti-Corruption Authority function, in 2014, and incorporates the functions and personnel of the Authority for the Supervision of Public Contracts for Works, Services and Supplies (Autorità per la vigilanza sui contratti pubblici di lavori, servizi e forniture, AVCP) that was abolished by the decree law n. 90/2014, converted into law n. 114/2014.
Tasks and function
Its function is the prevention of corruption within the Italian public administration, in its various participants and subsidiaries, including through the implementation of increased transparency in all management aspects, as well as through the supervisory activities within the public contracts, in any sector of public administration that potentially could develop corruption phenomena, while avoiding aggravating the procedures with negative effects on citizens and businesses, orienting the behaviors and the activities of civil servants, with interventions in an advisory and regulatory capacity.
The Authority consists of five members, one of whom is president.
The general structure of ANAC in terms of its institutional mission has been divided into four strategic areas:
- Direction and planning (President)
- Support the institutional mission planning and control (General Secretary)
- "Anticorruzione, si dimettono i vertici dell'autorità nazionale - Il Fatto Quotidiano". Ilfattoquotidiano.it. 23 April 2014. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- "La nuova Autorità nazionale anticorruzione". Ilpost.it. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- "Documento condiviso dal Ministero dell'Economia e delle Finanze e dall'Autorità nazionale anticorruzione per il rafforzamento dei meccanismi di prevenzione della corruzione e di trasparenza nelle società partecipate e/o controllate dal Ministero dell'Economia e delle Finanze" (PDF). Anticorruzione.it. Retrieved 23 June 2017.[permanent dead link]
- [dead link]