National Aptitude Test in Architecture
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA), is conducted by National Institute of Advanced Studies in Architecture (NIASA) which is a body of Council of Architecture, New Delhi in India. The National Aptitude Test in Architecture  is a national level examination for admission to undergraduate courses in Architecture. The test measures the aptitude of applicants for a specific field of study, i.e. Architecture, in areas like drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking, qualities that have been acquired over a long period of time and that are related to Architecture. NATA or the AIEEE B.Arch exam are prescribed by the Council of Architecture as a compulsory criterion for taking admission to any Architectural College or course in India.
Scheme of Examination
1. National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is being conducted by the Council of Architecture at national level for admission to 5 year B.Arch Degree Course at all recognized institutions across India.
2. NATA scores are used by admissions authorities of different Government, Govt. Aided & Unaided schools / colleges of Architecture.
3. The test measures drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability.
4. The test is in two parts. A paper based drawing test for two hours and computer based online aesthetic sensitivity test.
NATA Participating Colleges in India
NATA is the qualifying exam for admission to Architecture courses across India. Some NATA Participating Colleges or Institutions are:
- SRM University, Chennai
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur
- Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology, Murthal
- AU College of Engineering, Vishakhapatnam
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi
- ITM University, Gwalior
- Ansal University, Gurgaon
- KIIT University, Bhubaneswar
- Bharath University, Chennai
- Vismayam College of Art and Media, Kerala
- Sir J J College of Architecture, Mumbai
- Department of Architecture, IIT Roorkee
- Chandigarh College of Architecture, Chandigarh
- Department of Architecture, NIT Tiruchirapalli
- Department of Architecture, NIT Calicut
- Sushant School of Art and Architecture, Gurgaon
- Faculty of Architecture & Ekistics, JMI, Delhi
- Department of Architecture, BIT, Mersa
- R V School of Architecture, RVCE, Bangalore
- Hindustan University, Kelambakkam
- Sharda University, Greater Noida
- CEPT University, Ahmedabad
- BS Abdur Rahman University,Chennai
- The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Baroda
- Sri Sri University