National Association for College Admission Counseling
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC), founded in 1937, is an organization of more than 13,000 professionals from around the world dedicated to serving students transitioning from secondary to postsecondary education. It includes professional school counselors, college access counselors, admission and financial aid officers, and others.
A member-directed organization, NACAC is governed by its voting members; an Assembly of delegates elected by voting members in NACAC's state and regional affiliates and by an elected Board of Directors.
NACAC holds several annual professional development events, including a national conference, and runs the National College Fairs program and Performing and Visual Arts College Fairs program which directly connect high school students with a wide variety of postsecondary institutions.
NACAC’s National College Fair program provides the opportunity for students to meet college and university admission representatives to discuss courses, admission requirements, financial aid, and student life. Each year, more than 675,000 high school students and parents attend National College Fairs and NACAC’s Performing & Visual Arts College Fairs. The fairs are held throughout the country in both the spring and fall and are free and open to the public.
There are 23 regional affiliates of NACAC and they operate in a similar fashion and on a smaller scale.
- Dakota ACAC - DACAC - North Dakota, South Dakota
- Greater Plains ACAC - GPACAC - Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma
- Hawaii ACAC - HACAC - Hawaii
- Illinois ACAC - IACAC - Illinois
- Indiana ACAC - IACAC - Indiana
- Iowa ACAC - IACAC - Iowa
- Kentucky ACAC - KYACAC - Kentucky
- Michigan ACAC - MACAC - Michigan
- Minnesota ACAC - MACAC - Minnesota
- Missouri ACAC - MOACAC - Missouri
- New England ACAC - NEACAC - Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont
- New Jersey ACAC - NJACAC - New Jersey
- New York State ACAC - NYSACAC - New York
- Ohio ACAC - OACAC - Ohio
- Overseas ACAC - OACAC - For organizations outside of the United States and the Caribbean
- Pacific Northwest ACAC - PNACAC - Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington
- Pennsylvania ACAC - PACAC - Pennsylvania
- Potomac and Chesapeake ACAC - PCACAC - Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia
- Rocky Mountains ACAC - RMACAC - Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming
- Southern ACAC - SACAC - Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Caribbean
- Texas ACAC - TACAC - Texas
- Western ACAC - WACAC - California, Nevada
- Wisconsin ACAC - WACAC - Wisconsin
- College admissions in the United States
- Collegiate Information and Visitor Services Association (CIVSA)
- Higher education in the United States
- Transfer admissions in the United States
- "NACAC Statement of Principles of Good Practice (SPGP)".
- "NACAC Board".
|This article about an education organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|