Air India Limited
|State Owned Enterprise|
|Founded||30 March 2007|
Pradeep Singh Kharola IAS |
(Chairman & MD)
|Revenue||₹142.551 billion (US$2.1 billion) (2011)|
|Owner||Government Of India|
Number of employees
Air India Limited is a company that was formed as National Aviation Company of India Limited by the government of India to oversee the merger of Air India and Indian. The company was renamed as Air India Limited on 26 October 2010. It was incorporated on 30 March 2007 and was owned by the Government of India based at the Air India Building in Nariman Point, Mumbai. The Company was created to facilitate the merger of the two main state-owned airlines in India: Air India, with its subsidiary Air India Express and Indian, together with its subsidiary Alliance Air (was called Air India Regional for about 6 years from 2011 to March 2017).
|National Aviation Company of India Limited|
|Air India Express||Air India Cargo||Air India Charters Limited||Air India Air Transport Services||Alliance Air|
|Air India Ltd|
|Air India||Hotel Corporation of India Limited||Air India Engineering Services Ltd||Air India Air Transport Services Limited|
|Air India Express||Alliance Air|
Upon completion of the merger on 26 February 2011 there is now one primary airline, Air India, with two subsidiary (Alliance Air and Air India Express) carriers providing regional and low-cost point-to-point services. AIL carriers connect 93 destinations (60 domestic and 33 international) in 24 countries as of February 2011.
Additional subsidiaries are Hotel Corporation of India Limited, Air India Charters Limited, and Airline Allied Services Limited. In 2013, it split its engineering and cargo businesses into two separate subsidiaries, Air India Engineering Services Ltd (AIESL) and Air India Air Transport Services Limited (AIATSL).
- Template:Cite. ( Boarding Department) Educative Managing Director = Gautam Mrinaal web
- Profit & Loss Account for the year ended 31 March 2011[dead link]
- "AIL Annual Report" (PDF). Civilavaiation.nic.in. Retrieved 2012-10-14.[permanent dead link]
- "NACIL". India.gov.in. Archived from the original on 8 September 2011. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- "Maharaja gets back old name". The Times of India. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- "Annual Report 2009 (English)" (PDF). Civilaviation.nic.in. Retrieved 2012-10-14.[permanent dead link]
- "PMO seeks health report from Air India : India, News - India Today". indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 2015-12-07.
- "Companies". livemint.com. Retrieved 2015-12-07.