This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||19 June 1963|
|Headquarters||Deira, Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum (Chairman)|
|Revenue||US$ 4.73 billion (2018)|
|US$ 2.72 billion (2018)|
|Total assets||US$136.00 billion (2018)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Investment Corporation of Dubai|
Emirates NBD Bank PJSC is Dubai government-owned bank and is one of the largest banking groups in the Middle East in terms of assets.
History and profile
Emirates NBD was initially formed as National Bank of Dubai (NBD) on 19 June 1963 by then Dubai's ruler Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum, forming the first national bank established in Dubai. NBD merged with Emirates Bank International (EBI) on 06 March 2007, to form Emirates NBD. On 16 October 2007, the shares of Emirates NBD were officially listed on the Dubai Financial Market (DFM).
As of 31 December 2018, total assets were AED 500.3 billion. The Group has operations in the UAE, Egypt, India, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Singapore, the United Kingdom, and representative offices in China and Indonesia.
Currently, more than 9,000 people, representing 70 nationalities, are employed by Emirates NBD, making it one of the largest employers in the UAE.
On 8 November 2017, it opened operations in Mumbai, India. The Mumbai branch marks Emirates NBD's fifth international branch outside of its UAE network.
Emirates NBD Group companies
- Emirates NBD Bank PJSC
- Emirates Islamic PJSCh
- Emirates NBD Asset Management
- Emirates NBD Securities
- Network International LLC (49% sold to AbrCapital in 2010) , credit and debit Card Issuing & Processing company.
- ETFS LLC
- Emirates NBD Capital Ltd (DIFC)
- Emirates NBD Trust Company Ltd (Jersey)
- Emirates NBD Capital LLC (KSA)
- Liv. (Digital banking) 
- ENBD REIT
- "The World's Biggest Public Companies List". Forbes. 1 January 1970. Retrieved 22 April 2016.
- Arif Sharif (22 December 2010). "Abraaj to Buy $545 Million Emirates NBD Unit Stake". Bloomberg. Retrieved 22 April 2016.