National Bank of North Macedonia
|Chairman||Anita Angelovska Bezhoska|
|Central bank of||North Macedonia|
MKD (ISO 4217)
The National Bank of the Republic of North Macedonia (Macedonian: Народна банка на Република Северна Македонија, romanized: Narodna Banka na Republika Severna Makedonija, NBRSM) is the central bank of North Macedonia, located in the capital city, Skopje.
Since 22 May 2018, Anita Angelovska Bezhoska is Governor of NBRNM. Prior to the name change in 2019, the National Bank of the Republic of North Macedonia was known as The National Bank of the Republic of Macedonia.
The NBRNM performs the following functions:
- establish and conduct monetary policy;
- regulate liquidity in the international payments;
- establish and conduct the Denar;
- handle and manage foreign exchange reserves;
- regulate the payment system;
- grant founding and operating license to a bank and a savings house and supervise the banks and savings houses;
- grant a licence for performing services of prompt money transfer and supervise the operations of the entities performing services of prompt money transfer in accordance with a law;
- grant operating licenses to foreign exchange bureaus and supervise their operations in accordance with the law;
- issue banknotes and coins;
- perform activities for the account of the central government and the government administration bodies.
- Economy of Europe
- Economy of North Macedonia
- List of banks in North Macedonia
- List of central banks
- (in Macedonian) (in English) National Bank of the Republic of North Macedonia official site, www.nbrm.mk