NBCC (India) Limited
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Central-owned enterprise |
Public Sector Undertaking
|Founded||Delhi, India (1960)|
|Dr. Anoop Kumar Mittal (Chairman-cum-Managing Director)|
|Revenue||₹70.95 billion (US$990 million) (2017-18)|
|Owner||Government of India|
Number of employees
|2,101 (as of 30 June 2017)|
Hindustan Steelworks Construction Limited (HSCL)(HSCC I LTD ) Hospital Service Consultancy Corporation india limited
NBCC (India) Limited (formerly National Buildings Construction Corporation Limited) is a Navratna Central Public Sector undertaking which trades publicly in the market and is largely owned by the Government of India. It engages in the Real Estate Development & construction business and also provides Project Management Consultancy. Currently, NBCC is in process for acquisition of 100 percent government stake in consultancy firm HSCC, which is a Miniratna, and Engineering Projects India Limited (EPIL) which is under the Ministry of Heavy Industries.
NBCC is headquartered in New Delhi and it has 10 regional offices across India. The projects undertaken by the company are spread across 23 states and 1 Union Territory in India. In addition, NBCC has also undertaken overseas projects in countries like Iraq, Libya, Nepal, Mauritius, Turkey, Botswana, Maldives, Yemen, etc.
NBCC is also designated as the implementing agency for executing projects under Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM), Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna (PMGSY), Solid Waste Management (SWM) and developmental work in North Eastern region. NBCC is also working as Project Management Consultant (PMC) for redevelopment of Pragati Maidan project of India Trade Promotion Organisation.
A number of Central Government ministries and various State Governments are utilising the services of NBCC as their extended engineering arm. 
NBCC was incorporated in November 1960 as a wholly owned Government of India enterprise under the erstwhile Ministry of Works, Housing & Supply (MoWHS), which is now known as the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs.
In 2007, NBCC paid a dividend to the Government of India for the first time and since then, it has been paying dividend to the Government every year. It was declared as a debt free company in 2008. Also, in the year 2008, the Department of Public Enterprises of the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises, through its office memorandum No. 9(8)/2008-GM dated 3 October 2008 passed on the approval of the Ministry of Urban Development to upgrade NBCC from a Schedule "B" public sector enterprise to a Schedule "A" public sector enterprise. Subsequently, on 14 October 2008, the NBCC was granted Schedule "A" PSU status.
The Government of India has granted the status of a 'Navratna Company' to NBCC with effect from 23 June 2014. The coveted status of a 'Navratna PSE' casts additional responsibility on NBCC to successfully operate in a competitive environment and become a global player. Keeping this in view, targeted turnover of ₹10,000 crore by the financial year 2020 has been set. Recently, NBCC took over a 51% stake in Hindustan Steelwork Construction Limited (HSCL).
Areas of operations
NBCC's real estate development segment focuses principally on two types of projects, (i) residential projects, such as apartments and townships and, (ii) commercial projects, such as corporate office buildings and shopping malls. 
Project Management & Consultancy business segment includes providing management and consultancy services for a range of civil construction projects including residential and commercial complexes, redevelopment of buildings and colonies, hospitals, educational institutions; infrastructure works for security personnel, border fencing as well as infrastructure projects such as roads, water supply systems, storm water systems and water storage solutions. The company’s work in power sector segment includes engineering, designing and construction services for civil and structural works for power projects, cooling towers, and chimneys.
In the order of Priority:
- Indo – Bangladesh/Indo-Pak border fencing works
- 1200 bedded hospital and medical college at Guwahati, Assam
- Hospitals for ESIC all across the country
- Solid Waste Management projects in 8 Airfield towns in India
- Bhubaneshwar and Mysore Airports
- NBCC Green View, Sector 37-D, Gurgaon
- VIBGYOR Towers, Kolkata- 876 flats/8 towers Residential Real Estate project
- NBCC Plaza, Saket, New Delhi- Commercial Real Estate project
- LEED certified Green Building project named Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA) of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs at Manesar, Haryana
In the order of Priority:
- Water Treatment Plant at Kirkuk, Iraq
- Bir Hospital in Nepal
- Construction, furnishing and equipping of 200 bedded Indira Gandhi Memorial Medical Hospital at Male, Maldives
- 48 km Kohalpur Mahakali Highway Project, Nepal
- Baghdad University
- Museum and Library Building, Hetauda, Nepal
- 1000 Houses at Bani Walid and 432 houses at Ghat, Libya
- Runway and Terminal building at Ghat and Brak Airport, Libya
- Construction of 774 housing units of Dawran, Dhamar, Yemen
- Project Management Consultancy for 3600 housing units at Meer Project in Turkey
- Hotel Ninevah Oberoi at Mousul, Baghdad
Major projects under execution
- Indo-Bangladesh Border fencing (IBB) & Indo-Pak Border fencing (IPB).
- NBCC is executing various development projects in NER for Ministry of Urban Development & Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation.
- Roads under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana/ Bharat Nirman (PMGSY) in the state of Bihar, Jharkhand & Tripura.
- The Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) has been established to build world class infrastructure in urban conglomeration. NBCC has been appointed as executing agency by the State Governments of Haryana, Jharkhand and Tripura.
Contributing towards the environment is a matter of pride and NBCC boasts of being an eco-friendly organisation[peacock term]. All of NBCC’s new projects are conceptualised in line with Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) norms as well as GRIHA norms.
In July 2012, NBCC has also entered into MoU with The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) for implementing projects of NBCC with GREEN compliance. Under this, TERI will provide advice and consultancy to NBCC for undertaking future construction work as per green building and sustainable building concepts. 
- "NBCC to buy HSCC for Rs 285 crore". The Economic Times. 2018-09-13. Retrieved 2018-10-08.
- 1, ET Now | Aug; 2018; Ist, 01 19 Pm, NBCC emerges as highest bidder for HSCC and EPI | The Economic Times Video, retrieved 2018-10-08
- "NBCC, ITPO Hold Joint Press Conference To Kick-start Pragati Maidan Redevelopment Program". businessworld.in. businessworld.in. Retrieved 2 July 2018.