National Capital Wing Civil Air Patrol
The Washington D.C. Wing of the Civil Air Patrol, the United States Air Force Auxiliary
|United States Air Force|
|Commander||Col Janon "JD" Ellis|
|Vice Commander||Lt Col Paul Cianciolo|
|Chief of Staff||Lt Col Gerald J English|
|Statistics as of 2018|
The National Capital Wing of the Civil Air Patrol (CAP) is the highest echelon of Civil Air Patrol in the district of Washington, D.C. The National Capital Wing consists of nearly 400 cadet and adult members at over 6 locations across the District of Columbia; the City of Alexandria, Arlington County and Fairfax County in Northern Virginia; and Prince Georges County, MD. .
The National Capital Wing performs the three missions of the Civil Air Patrol: providing emergency services; offering cadet programs for youth; and providing aerospace education for both CAP members and the general public.
The Civil Air Patrol provides emergency services, which includes performing search and rescue and disaster relief missions; as well as assisting in humanitarian aid assignments. The CAP also provides Air Force support through conducting light transport, communications support, and low-altitude route surveys. The Civil Air Patrol can also offer support to counter-drug missions.
The Civil Air Patrol offers a cadet program for youth aged 12 to 21, which includes aerospace education, leadership training, physical fitness and moral leadership.
The Civil Air Patrol offers aerospace education for CAP members and the general public, including providing training to the members of CAP, and offering workshops for youth throughout the nation through schools and public aviation events.
As of 2012, the National Capitol Wing has 2 Cessna 172's and a Cessna 182. They have 13 Vehicles, mainly 9-10 seat vans split between the squadrons. They have 5 VHF/FM Repeaters and 61 VHF/FM stations, with 6 HF stations.
|DC026||Arlington Composite Squadron||Arlington, VA|
|DC033||Andrews Composite Squadron||Joint Base Andrews|
|DC045||Mount Vernon Composite Squadron||Fort Belvoir, VA|
|DC051||Tuskegee Composite Squadron||Washington, D.C.||Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling|
|DC053||Fairfax Composite Squadron||Fairfax, VA|
|DC060||Challenger 1 Cadet Squadron||Alexandria, VA|
- "eServices, National Headquarters". Civil Air Patrol., login required
- "2012 Statistics" (PDF). Capmembers.com. Retrieved 30 November 2015.
- "Civil Air Patrol". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 30 November 2015.
- "Emergency Services". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 30 November 2015.
- "Cadet Programs". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 30 November 2015.
- "Aerospace Education". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 30 November 2015.
- "Local Squadrons". National Capitol Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 30 November 2015.