National Center for Family Literacy
The National Center for Family Literacy (NCFL) is an organization set up to create educational and economic opportunity for the most at-risk children and parents in the United States.
NCFL is a national nonprofit organization with a mission to help parents and children learn together. Since 1989, more than 1 million families have made education and economic progress as a result of NCFL’s work. NCFL pioneers family literacy models and approaches that improve the lives of the nation’s at-risk children and families.
NCFL works with administrators, policy makers, practitioners and funders to:
- Provide leadership for literacy development in families
- Promote policies at the national and state level to support literacy development in families
- Create and support systems that will help develop and sustain family literacy programs
- Design, develop and demonstrate family literacy practices that address the needs of families.
- Deliver professional development that includes training, technical assistance, and materials
- Identify and disseminate research to expand the knowledge base of family literacy
The National Center for Family Literacy partners with Better World Books.