National College of Business and Arts
|Pambansang Kolehiyo ng Pangangalakal at Sining|
|Motto||Populus Contraho of Res quod Arts|
Motto in English
|Educating Globally Competitive Filipinos|
|President||Atty. Concepcion Nancy T. Pasion|
|Principal||Mrs. Veronica F. Caro MaEd (Cubao), Mrs. Matilde V. Tobias MaEd. (Taytay, Rizal)|
|Students||Over 7,500 (2014)|
|Location||Quezon City & Taytay|
|Colors||White and Green|
|Athletics||UCLAA, AAPS, QCAA and PISCUAA|
|Nickname||NCBA Wildcats, NAKBA, Nakbanians|
The National College of Business and Arts or NCBA is a private Educational Institution in the Philippines with campuses located in Cubao, Fairview and Taytay. NCBA Collegiate Department offers degree programs in the Arts, Sciences, Business and Education as well as Diploma programs. NCBA also offers Graduate degrees in Master in Business Administration and Master in Public Administration.
Established in 1967–68, at the corner of R. Papa and Lepanto streets in Sampaloc, Manila between two giants in Philippine private education: University of the East with its mammoth population of 65,000 and Far Eastern University with its enrollment of 47,000. A small building was erected to house a small school — the National College of Business and Arts. Today the NCBA has three campuses, two in Quezon City and one in Rizal.
NCBA was founded by the late Dr. Doroteo S. Pasion, a well-known educator (former dean of commerce of San Beda College, former CPA review director of the University of the East, and former president of PSBA), lawyer, accountant, author, and civic leader. Pasion launched NCBA as a public service, with others who believed in the NCBA concept: Col.Rafael Q. Yap-Diangco, Atty. Jose R. Torres, Jr., Mrs. Gloria C. Meñez, and Mrs. Lourdes L. Sarabia.
Keeping to its founder's vision, NCBA opted to remain as a specialized school and a gives a quality education its growth was measured and steady through the years. From that small edifice along R. Papa Street, NCBA slowly expanded its academic programs and facilities with the single purpose of the nation type of educated manpower it needs for its development and well-being.
When NCBA opened in 1968, its offerings were limited to the following courses: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Bachelor of Arts, two-year course in Secretarial Administration, and its own CPA review. The NCBA High School was opened in school year 1973–1974 followed by additional offerings of short terminal courses in Cooperative, Salesmanship, Bookkeeping and Accounting, and Small business Management in 1974–1975.
Effective January 2010, Assistant Vice President for finance and Director, Mr. Cesar C. Meñez, became the school President while, Mr. Edwin P. Torres, Chief Accountant and officer-in-charge at NCBA Taytay, became the Vice-President for finance.
NCBA Taytay employed Ester Pasion-David as the new officer-in-charge. Pasion-David is the eldest daughter of the founder and first president of the NCBA. She has a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, major in Accounting, from the University of the Philippines-Diliman. Soon after Pasion-David did the CPA Licensure Examination.
She started her career at the Philippine National Bank then migrated to United States and worked as a staff accountant at Avon Products in New York City then went to California and worked as an Accounting and HR manager for Alcatel. Her last job was with TRI-FAB Associates as a Controller. Pasion-David also co-authored different accounting books.
Last 2016, Atty. Concepcion Nancy T. Pasion, became the next president of this educational institution. Cesar C. Meñez also died on the same year.
This February 2017, NCBA will celebrate their 50th Founding Anniversary. With a new slogan, Vision and Mission.
- Master in Business Administration (MBA)
- Master in Public Administration (MPA)
- Bachelor of Arts (AB)
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (BEEd)
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy (BSA)
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting Technology (BSAct)
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA)
- Financial Management
- Operation Management
- Human Resource Development Management
- Marketing Management
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BSCS)
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management (BSHRM)
- Bachelor of Science in Information System (BSIS)
- Bachelor of Secondary Education (BSEd)
- Caregiver Program
- Junior High School (G7 – 10)
- Senior High School (G11 – 12)
The Wildcats are chosen athletes to compete in basketball, volleyball, badminton, taekwondo, cheerleading, track and field, chess, billiards and swimming. These are students who are gifted in sports represents the Institution in UCLAA, AAPS,QCAA & PISCUAA and other competitions. National College of Business and Arts is one of the founders of Niveities and Colleges of Luzon Athletic Association UCLAA
- Coco Martin – Actor ABS-CBN & Star Magic, Born: Rodel Luis Pacheco Nacianceno on November 1, 1981
- Rick Stryker (Edwin Logina) – Former Philippine Basketball Coliseum Barker of University Athletic Association of the Philippines, National Collegiate Athletic Association (Philippines), and FIBA Philippines and Current Radio FM DJ of Pinas FM 95.5, Born: Edwin Guzman Logina as DJ Rick Stryker of Pinas FM 95.5 on November 18, 1979 . He is Started FM DJ's of DWLS-FM 97.1 of GMA Network Flagship Manila's FM Station from 1999-2002, in 2002 to 2004 he was slso DJ FM of DYLS-FM 97.1 Cebu as (MOR 97.1 Lupig Sila) the Cebu's Radio FM Station., he was current DJ FM Station of DM 95.5 (now as Pinas FM 95.5), then, He Is Veteran Coliseum Basketball Barker of University Athletic Association of the Philippines, PBL, & National Collegiate Athletic Association (Philippines) (From 2004–2014), He is Current voice over of Solar Entertainment's ETC 2nd avenue, Solar PBA as Recall of (PBA Recall) The top 10 plays Viva Cinema and PBO from 2008 to 2014., He is Current voice over of ABS-CBN DYAB Radyo Patrol 1512 Cebu of ABS-CBN Corporation the Cebu's AM News Radio Station he says (Kisaligan, Bisan Asa, DYAB Radyo Patrol Balita Abante pa Bisaya), he is Cousin of Filipino Actor of ABS-CBN Edgar Allan Guzman.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National College of Business and Arts.|
- National College of Business and Arts official website